The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

1 hour ago, Jhunt94 said:

.300 blk mainly, my other rifles are 5.56 and then I have a 6.5 creedmoor, but I mainly want if for the .300 blk. I would like to be able to put it on a few different rifles if needed. I know a lot of companies now make different end plates. One thing I liked about the Rugged Suppressors Razor762 was that you can not only change the end caps, but you can take out section and can shorten it, if you wanted to put it on a pistol, or if you just didn't want the full length can.

For rifles I've got a YHM .30 cal Ti Phantom, I use it on .20 Tac, .233, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, & 300 BLK.  I've had it for several years now and have been very happy with it.  It seems like the market has exploded with suppressor manufacturers lately and now there are a lot of good choices to choose from.  

It seems to me that the performance of a lot of the cans available now is pretty similar, one area that differentiates between them though is the mounting systems.  Looking at the Rugged Suppressor cans one thing that jumps out a me is they use a relatively fine standard profile external thread for their quick detach mounts.  I would be concerned that it would be prone to damage, this is why most manufacturers use a very coarse Acme profile thread that is much more damage resistant.  

I like the mounting system on my YHM can, there are other systems that are good too, but here is what I like about the YHM one, just so you have some things to keep in mind while looking at your options:

1 - The can seals to the mount against a tapered surface that is in front of the threads, threads don’t get carbon locked, which can be a problem with some other mounting systems
2 - Threads are large acme type that are very resistant to damage and quick to install/remove the can
3 - Spring/locking mechanism is on the mount, which is easily replaceable if it ever wears out vs being on the can
4 - YHM has one thread standard that they use on all their rifle cans, makes everything as interchangeable as possible
5 - Mounting system locks up tight, I’ve never had one back off or have issues with shifting POI
6 - Mounts are reasonably priced

There are other mounting systems that have these same qualities, just some things to think about.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

For rifles I've got a YHM .30 cal Ti Phantom, I use it on .20 Tac, .233, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, & 300 BLK.  I've had it for several years now and have been very happy with it.  It seems like the market has exploded with suppressor manufacturers lately and now there are a lot of good choices to choose from.  

It seems to me that the performance of a lot of the cans available now is pretty similar, one area that differentiates between them though is the mounting systems.  Looking at the Rugged Suppressor cans one thing that jumps out a me is they use a relatively fine standard profile external thread for their quick detach mounts.  I would be concerned that it would be prone to damage, this is why most manufacturers use a very coarse Acme profile thread that is much more damage resistant.  

I like the mounting system on my YHM can, there are other systems that are good too, but here is what I like about the YHM one, just so you have some things to keep in mind while looking at your options:

1 - The can seals to the mount against a tapered surface that is in front of the threads, threads don’t get carbon locked, which can be a problem with some other mounting systems
2 - Threads are large acme type that are very resistant to damage and quick to install/remove the can
3 - Spring/locking mechanism is on the mount, which is easily replaceable if it ever wears out vs being on the can
4 - YHM has one thread standard that they use on all their rifle cans, makes everything as interchangeable as possible
5 - Mounting system locks up tight, I’ve never had one back off or have issues with shifting POI
6 - Mounts are reasonably priced

There are other mounting systems that have these same qualities, just some things to think about.  

Thanks for all of that info, this is why I'm glad I have people that I can ask questions bc I don't know much about cans

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

I’ve got s yankee hill as well. It’s not the quietest but it’s quiet. And all the things already said. My gemtech I had to send back to have it busted apart because it was carbon fouled solid. They got it apart and then gave me a new core because I fucked mine up. 

Im looking at a 338 can next I think. Either that or a 5.56. And a 22. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

One of the reason I was looking at this is because Silencer Shop is running a deal where you get the suppressor, two flash hiders, and a 5.56 end cap for $807

Plus this is kind of nice If for any reason you have an issue with a Rugged Suppressors product, we will repair or replace it free of charge. Period. Even if you drop it from a mountain. That’s why it’s called an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty and that’s why there’s no small legal type needed.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Yeah that is a pretty good deal.  I can see why that would be appealing.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I’ve got a friend with a rugged can. He’s happy with it. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

23 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

Nice!  Samson rail?

Builds:

Yeah. Really happy with the way the rail and stock patterns matched. It’s one of the better looking guns I’ve put together. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived