The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asking RED DOT users. At or, where, yardage wise, do you ZERO your dot in at? I did around 25 yards. But, when i plink shit close up, it lands LOW.  Please, remember, i shoot (and fucking LOVE) pistol caliber carbine stuffs. Also, im not Mr. HitEveryThing guy....

I do NOT need to make a head shot, 200 yards out. So please,... be gentle.  For me, zero'd at around 25, 30 yards, i seem to be able to "adjust" with closer shots, and can string out a pretty dope group (again, for me) at or around 50 plus yards. Which for me, is fine. I cant even see any further anyway (im old, and going more and more blind by the second)

Also, why,.. why does the point of impact change with a red dot? Kinda bugs me. Is there any remedy for that? A different optic?  Anywho, just asking what others do, and maybe kick up some convo. 

Cheers and TIA all. Sloppy kisses. 

I zero mine at 25 and my laser is at 10. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What you’re seeing is scope over bore. It’s basically the height difference between barrel and dot.  The bullet doesn’t come out flat as most think. It arcs. You’ll find a lot of articles out there on zeroing. 

50 and 200 have the same zero in an ar

38 and 300 as well. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

40 minutes ago, n8ball2013 said:

What you’re seeing is scope over bore. It’s basically the height difference between barrel and dot.  The bullet doesn’t come out flat as most think. It arcs. You’ll find a lot of articles out there on zeroing. 

50 and 200 have the same zero in an ar

38 and 300 as well. 

Wurd. Good shit man. Watched some vids, and read some articles. And, way cool to see, just on my own gut,and thinking,..picking around 25yds was acceptable ish. Good shit. Again, I dont need to hit anything "far". But, id like to be spot on "close" (0 to say 40, 50 yards) . If ya feel me. 

Nate? Does a rmr on a pistol act same ?  I kinda wanna put a rmr on my new range gun (soon to be shadow2)  . Does it behave basically the same way? Even though shooting 50yrds plus, with a pistol is probably meh for most of us I know. When dialing in a lil rmr on a pistol,  where do you "sight" or zero it in at outta curiosity?!?!  Appreciate all ya do, help wise kid. Hope you and yours are well mate. Stay gold brutha... 

Was bored at work last week, and was sniffing around Gear Head Works site for the EVO, and decided to try their brace out. Now, the SB Tactical ive had on, had done rad. Its just slightly loose, where the snap button engages the cheek rest, but, hell, that is gonna happen, and, its hardly noticeable when shooting, if at all. 

Anyway.... 

SB Tactical brace...

20180919_111830.thumb.jpg.b00c23943028eb3ad2f59615a5b95241.jpg.31361db75a73c0bba33225ddeffce393.jpg

Gear Head Works Tail Hook MOD 1

20190209_090607.thumb.jpg.00c929292e1c515b54aa255e4963ea72.jpg

6 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Was bored at work last week, and was sniffing around Gear Head Works site for the EVO, and decided to try their brace out. Now, the SB Tactical ive had on, had done rad. Its just slightly loose, where the snap button engages the cheek rest, but, hell, that is gonna happen, and, its hardly noticeable when shooting, if at all. 

Anyway.... 

SB Tactical brace...

Gear Head Works Tail Hook MOD 1

That looks sweet man!  How do you like the Tail Hook compared to the SB Tactical brace?

I just got done doing some trigger work on my Scorpion.  I was able to cut the pull weight in half as well as shorten the pull a bit and smooth things up a lot.  Took some work though. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I’ve got a tailhook on a pistol lower. It’s really sweet actually. I just wish it was a bit shorter. The tube is made just for it and it seems to be longer than normal

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

On 2/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

That looks sweet man!  How do you like the Tail Hook compared to the SB Tactical brace?

I just got done doing some trigger work on my Scorpion.  I was able to cut the pull weight in half as well as shorten the pull a bit and smooth things up a lot.  Took some work though. 

I just put it on yesterday at work. But I'll let ya know what I think after a few goes.  I put the HBI spring and theta trigger on mine. Really helped. Biggest and  most needed mod is the safety delete. That OEM safety punishes your hand after half a mag. Cheap and easy tho... I'll give some feed back after I shoot the evo with the gear head works brace. Get out there and have fun man!

Hit the range yesterday, and today bro. The tail hook MOD1 is a fine fine device. Does the job FINE. Do you want me to send you the SB tactical brace ??? Both are tits,.. the sbt one is way cheaper tho, and does basically the same thing, and,.... may even look better doing it,.. depending on your opinion. Get out there and shoot mang !

Welp...... i added a CZ75 sp01 to the flock. Fucking love this thing... holy balls. 

51840656_814390888913041_986338895929016320_n.thumb.jpg.bad4acca151ca8e5ca8fb4dee92fe08d.jpg

51600625_1231813050316493_6835258761582477312_n.thumb.jpg.f4d192048bec4f29808872a4e47b6821.jpg

Next up,..... a shadow2,... maybe start, or mid summer. I cant get enough of these CZ.s. I will get a PO7 also. That may become my new carry. 

Archived