Okay, so I used the Torres box calculator, and here is what I came up with. I REALLY hope this works, as I should start cutting and building tomorrow.

183379_185754291460571_100000780034606_358762_7098618_n.jpg

Also, here is another shot of my ghetto design drawing. (numbers have since changed a little, design is the same)

181530_185664818136185_100000780034606_358388_7106602_n.jpg

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Looks great man, I can't believe that this is your first build! I hope mine turns out this well, although I'm just getting started and am purchasing as I go (only have the subs lol!). This gets me pumped for my build to kick off, I'll make sure to take my time like you did so I get the best results.

Thanks man, I appreciate the props. Yes, take your time. It's REALLY easy to want to hurry up and get it all in, but really worth it if you take your time. Also plan way, way ahead. And, I thought it made it easier by me having most everything I needed before I started. Like wire, I had 100 ft of 0 gauge to start with. You dont wanna be in the middle of something, and have to stop and wait for wire, or anything else you may need. Because I thought I probably wouldn't use fifty feet, but I thought "better safe than sorry" and I bought 100ft. And I sure was glad I did, since it actually took over 70ft!

I also spent what feels like 100's of hours reading other people's build logs, to try and learn the what to's and what not's. A think this, along with everything else, has made my experience thus far go as well as it has. I just hope it all turns out the way it is headed so far! Again, thanks for reading, and good luck on your project!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

So I'm just wondering, has anyone ever seen or heard of someone putting the port against the sloped side, and at the top? I'm REALLY nervous to try this, but it SEEMS like it would almost have to work.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Yeah, I'll wait to buy all the install stuff until I have all the cash I need. I'm just do this for the amps, deadener, and the box I'm having built. I don't have an income source other than working on weekends and selling a lot of my old stuff (xbox :()

So I'm just wondering, has anyone ever seen or heard of someone putting the port against the sloped side, and at the top? I'm REALLY nervous to try this, but it SEEMS like it would almost have to work.

I wouldn't recommend it. A "reverse" taper in the port will hurt your response AND output. Try your best to keep consistent port area through the entire length. Those angled boxes are tough to get exact in your planning. Paper almost never matches real life. My thought would be to make the box a little taller and slot at the bottom below the subs, or shoot for a center port between them. I always found backfiring my boxes in the PT was the best (behind the seats).

If you need more explanation, let me know.

And keep up that great work! :drinks:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I wouldn't recommend it. A "reverse" taper in the port will hurt your response AND output. Try your best to keep consistent port area through the entire length. Those angled boxes are tough to get exact in your planning. Paper almost never matches real life. My thought would be to make the box a little taller and slot at the bottom below the subs, or shoot for a center port between them. I always found backfiring my boxes in the PT was the best (behind the seats).

If you need more explanation, let me know.

And keep up that great work! :drinks:

Thanks man. I kinda figured that, so I scrapped the idea today and started new. This idea of "backfiring" do you mean face the subs toward the seat, on the sloped side? Also, what about using the same overall shape, but dividing into separate chambers, and using the PSP Areoports, one or two for each side? Also, place them on each side of the box, instead of the top? The numbers come out good, but like you said, "Paper almost never matches real life". I kinda got this idea from the factory box I have now.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Box Update:

Okay, so I have 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF, and a couple of Ideas on what box to build.

Also, 6 weeks ago, I had fu*@ed up and bought a pre-fab from Hifisoundconnection.com.

img.jpg

Big mistake. I got two of them in the mail so far, and refused them both b/c the cardboard was ripped and you could see damage. So after the second one I told them I'd just like to get a refund. They said that as soon as they got it back, they would set me up w/ my refund. Two weeks later, when I asked them wtf was going on, they reply:"we still have to see if UPS is going to pay for this or not". Then after another week, I contact them again, only to hear "we can either send you another one, or issue a store credit". I think that is REALLY REALLY SHITTY! But what else can I do? So I guess I'll be getting another one in the mail soon.

But I've been thinking on it overnight, and this box IS almost the perfect size. It's 2.5 ft^3 per sub, and tuned @35htz. I'm just wondering: If I was to glass up the inside of the prefab, and possibly line it w/ polyfil, how that might work out? Part of the reason I'm thinking about trying this route is that I still plan on adding two more subs sometime this year, at which time a custom box will have to be built. Also, it is almost exactly the same as one of my two ideas. I hate to spend alot of time building something that I already have. So, tell me what you guys think: Should I just "refurbish the prefab"?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Hey guys! I am currently in the middle of my first complete system build, and I thought I'd share my experience thus far. I have been coming to this site for about three months now, but this is my first post of my build. I am 31 yrs old, and I have installed MANY small systems (subs & amps) in my days, but this is my first REAL system install. I have took my time, saved for months at a time, and bought everything BRAND NEW, mostly piece by piece, and stacked it into my closet until I have it all, which is now. But of coarse I couldn't wait to get started! So, I have done a few things, but the majority is under progress as I type.

But you gotta start somewhere, so here is what my car looked like last year, when I bought it. Pretty plain, but solid. And it was one owner, well taken care of. I didn't even like PT Cruiser's before I found this car. And for $2000, I think I have a hell of a start!

34742_131400036895997_100000780034606_130694_5997947_n.jpg

34742_131400030229331_100000780034606_130693_283367_n.jpg

34742_131400040229330_100000780034606_130695_6173097_n.jpg

Here was the first little system I threw in it. Everything was less than $100.00!

34742_131400043562663_100000780034606_130696_876512_n.jpg

34742_131400046895996_100000780034606_130697_2644029_n.jpg

And it actually bumped a little! Check out this video I made. Remember, it was almost a year ago, ALOT has changed!!!

I Wonder What the Bat is for fryingpan.gif

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

Archived