Okay guys, so I got rained out of work today, and it barely rained! So, gotta do something, can't just set around! And since I'm waiting for a min to decide what to do on the box, can't start on it yet.

So, it's laundry, or volt meter. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

189787_186183778084289_100000780034606_361307_3827104_n.jpg

Laundry can wait till later tonight!

188579_186183844750949_100000780034606_361310_3590412_n.jpg

184975_186183868084280_100000780034606_361312_4770642_n.jpg

189171_186183901417610_100000780034606_361314_2628250_n.jpg

184983_186183961417604_100000780034606_361316_4739635_n.jpg

183095_186184024750931_100000780034606_361320_4961825_n.jpg

190495_186184041417596_100000780034606_361321_3697461_n.jpg

184995_186184091417591_100000780034606_361324_6754098_n.jpg

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for all the "boring" pics here lately guys, but this is all part of the build, so I gotta post them.

I forgot to post this one the other day

190658_185993078103359_100000780034606_360395_7526262_n.jpg

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Box Update:

Okay, so I have 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF, and a couple of Ideas on what box to build.

Also, 6 weeks ago, I had fu*@ed up and bought a pre-fab from Hifisoundconnection.com.

img.jpg

Big mistake. I got two of them in the mail so far, and refused them both b/c the cardboard was ripped and you could see damage. So after the second one I told them I'd just like to get a refund. They said that as soon as they got it back, they would set me up w/ my refund. Two weeks later, when I asked them wtf was going on, they reply:"we still have to see if UPS is going to pay for this or not". Then after another week, I contact them again, only to hear "we can either send you another one, or issue a store credit". I think that is REALLY REALLY SHITTY! But what else can I do? So I guess I'll be getting another one in the mail soon.

But I've been thinking on it overnight, and this box IS almost the perfect size. It's 2.5 ft^3 per sub, and tuned @35htz. I'm just wondering: If I was to glass up the inside of the prefab, and possibly line it w/ polyfil, how that might work out? Part of the reason I'm thinking about trying this route is that I still plan on adding two more subs sometime this year, at which time a custom box will have to be built. Also, it is almost exactly the same as one of my two ideas. I hate to spend alot of time building something that I already have. So, tell me what you guys think: Should I just "refurbish the prefab"?

leave the pre-fab as is especiaillay is you are building an enclosure soon and why are you wanting two more subs? just do the two and power them well, leave your back as intact as you can for future use, like your kids riding in there w/you enjoying the sound, keep it practical

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Box Update:

Okay, so I have 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF, and a couple of Ideas on what box to build.

Also, 6 weeks ago, I had fu*@ed up and bought a pre-fab from Hifisoundconnection.com.

img.jpg

Big mistake. I got two of them in the mail so far, and refused them both b/c the cardboard was ripped and you could see damage. So after the second one I told them I'd just like to get a refund. They said that as soon as they got it back, they would set me up w/ my refund. Two weeks later, when I asked them wtf was going on, they reply:"we still have to see if UPS is going to pay for this or not". Then after another week, I contact them again, only to hear "we can either send you another one, or issue a store credit". I think that is REALLY REALLY SHITTY! But what else can I do? So I guess I'll be getting another one in the mail soon.

But I've been thinking on it overnight, and this box IS almost the perfect size. It's 2.5 ft^3 per sub, and tuned @35htz. I'm just wondering: If I was to glass up the inside of the prefab, and possibly line it w/ polyfil, how that might work out? Part of the reason I'm thinking about trying this route is that I still plan on adding two more subs sometime this year, at which time a custom box will have to be built. Also, it is almost exactly the same as one of my two ideas. I hate to spend alot of time building something that I already have. So, tell me what you guys think: Should I just "refurbish the prefab"?

leave the pre-fab as is especiaillay is you are building an enclosure soon and why are you wanting two more subs? just do the two and power them well, leave your back as intact as you can for future use, like your kids riding in there w/you enjoying the sound, keep it practical

Hey man, thanks for the comment. The plan all along has been to squeeze 4 subs in the back of my car, and still have my backseat. But, I have been keeping an open mind, so if the 2 do good enough on their own, I could just say effit. I definitely gotta keep it somewhat practical, but honestly, I'm trying to be over the top as well. You know, have my cake & eat it too?

The reason I mentioned glassing up the inside of the prefab is that it's not as solid as it should be. They used smaller, cheaper wood on the ports, and I just thought if I glassed it up, it may sound better and last longer? But Idk, it does seem like alot of work for just a prefab.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Box Update:

img.jpg

Hey man, thanks for the comment. The plan all along has been to squeeze 4 subs in the back of my car, and still have my backseat. But, I have been keeping an open mind, so if the 2 do good enough on their own, I could just say effit. I definitely gotta keep it somewhat practical, but honestly, I'm trying to be over the top as well. You know, have my cake & eat it too?

The reason I mentioned glassing up the inside of the prefab is that it's not as solid as it should be. They used smaller, cheaper wood on the ports, and I just thought if I glassed it up, it may sound better and last longer? But Idk, it does seem like alot of work for just a prefab.

you won't be able do to do 4 subs of anything unless they are 8's sealed in the back that area is small, you won't have adequate air space for a ported enclosure the 2 sounds better for efficiency, and glassin up the pre-fab would help some but it needs to be glassed outside also to be more solid ya feel me?

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg

Well, nothing really new to post, as we are getting a bunch of rain. But I did make another quick vid of some Lil Wayne playin. It's an older song, but the higher notes really sounded good. Sorry, I'll be putting up some better vids this week!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Well, nothing really new to post, as we are getting a bunch of rain. But I did make another quick vid of some Lil Wayne playin. It's an older song, but the higher notes really sounded good. Sorry, I'll be putting up some better vids this week!

nice vid dude, yeah that Lil' Wayne A Milli is always a banging song but some systems can't produce it just right but from the sound of yours you are on it, I wear my seat belt also hahahaha

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg

Archived