you won't be able do to do 4 subs of anything unless they are 8's sealed in the back that area is small, you won't have adequate air space for a ported enclosure the 2 sounds better for efficiency, and glassin up the pre-fab would help some but it needs to be glassed outside also to be more solid ya feel me?

Thanks for the advice! I got ya on the prefab, it's not worth the time to mess with. But on the 4 subs, I have two design that I think would work. What do you think?

The first is for 4 12" L5's. It's 8 cubes total, a dual chamber box, divided rt down the middle. Each side would hold two subs, sharing a port. I would have to make new brackets for the seat, so it would give me an extra 2 inches, and the amp rack would then be built on the backside of the box, between it and the seat. The ports would be on the side. And after bracing and port displacement, each sub would still be getting around 1.8 ft^3 which I think is their min.

The second idea involves 2 12's, and 2 15's. The box would be sorta like 3 boxes built in to one. The bottom would be a single, ported chamber for the 15's, and the top would be separate, sealed chambers for the 12's.

See, I am going to do something like this eventually, otherwise I would not have put in all this time and money on the electrical system. Could have done it a lot cheaper just for 2 12's, but everyone has that, and I am trying to do this different. If it just can't possibly be done, then Ill just do whatever it takes to make it happen, new back seat, or whatever. And if my olady gets this SUV she keeps talkin about, then we will just say screw the backseat! But I really, really would like to keep it, and get it all to fit. That way I really would have something different.

Where there's a will there's a way, rt?

So, what do u think?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can fit 4 12"s back there sealed, or 2 15"s, ported maybe pushing it a bit with seat and staying under the factory cover.

Not 2 12"s and 2 15"s with the seat.

If you are set on keeping the seat, and want the most out of it; ditch the cover, and build up to the rear seatback height 2 15"s ported.

Here is my old setup 4x12"s sealed ~5 cubes internal.

2270404_123.jpg

Notice I could still use the cover and I could still use the factory jack door.

2270404_136.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

You can fit 4 12"s back there sealed, or 2 15"s, ported maybe pushing it a bit with seat and staying under the factory cover.

Not 2 12"s and 2 15"s with the seat.

If you are set on keeping the seat, and want the most out of it; ditch the cover, and build up to the rear seatback height 2 15"s ported.

Thanks man. That is exactly what I was thinking w/ the 4 12's ported idea. Ditch the cover, and build up to the rear seat back height. The 2 15's ported is almost equal to the 4 12's, so I really think it would work.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

start by asking yourself what are your goals for the system? what will "satisfy" you? something you won't want to change after a few months and what are you willing to maintain?

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

LOL at the start of this tread.

OP: "Let me tell you a little about my life."

Trolls: *trollface* "LOL, comments on your life."

OP: *madface* "My life is none of your business, you don't know what you're talking about!"

Wish I had time to read through all 7 pages. Keep the customizations coming OP, and don't get mad about someone commenting about something you yourself alluded to.

Sweet build

Alpine CDA 9886 HU

Alpine ERE-G180 Crossover

4 12' kicker Solobaric L7s

KS 3.5 tweets up front

Kicker KS 6.5s by the back seat

KS 6x9s in the rear

Sealed Box

Hifonics Brutus 2600(for now)

Hifonics Zeus 740

Optima Red Top

2 Optima Yellow Tops

LOL at the start of this tread.

OP: "Let me tell you a little about my life."

Trolls: *trollface* "LOL, comments on your life."

OP: *madface* "My life is none of your business, you don't know what you're talking about!"

Wish I had time to read through all 7 pages. Keep the customizations coming OP, and don't get mad about someone commenting about something you yourself alluded to.

That's just it, see I never wanted to start a thread that had anything to do w/ my life, only my build. I only threw a little info in the mix so people would MAYBE understand why I am doing the things that I am. But I got jumped on for more than just that, everyone wanted to rag my in-dash monitor too. And man, did you really miss a lot of good stuff between then and now. This makes me wonder how many other people just look at the first page, laugh, and then move on, never really seeing what I am getting done.

I really think it's a shame, I hope people keep on reading!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

a couple questions but first, sick build. im lovin everything. and you better keep up that kind of work lol. ok firstly idk what your final thoughts are about the amps but didnt you use plexi glass for the battery rack? if so do you have left over to have a plexi glass cover for the amps? i think that would be sick. secondly i also have a isolater but i noticed how you like it better without ti. why is that? i might have to take mine off

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

a couple questions but first, sick build. im lovin everything. and you better keep up that kind of work lol. ok firstly idk what your final thoughts are about the amps but didnt you use plexi glass for the battery rack? if so do you have left over to have a plexi glass cover for the amps? i think that would be sick. secondly i also have a isolater but i noticed how you like it better without ti. why is that? i might have to take mine off

Thanks man, glad you like it! I LOVE the amps, both of them! I am super impressed, they have nice sound quality, and are way loud! And about the isolator, it just sucks for the use of car audio. It only trickle charges the rear battery, and we need ALL the voltage, not just some of it. They are more for 4X4 or off road use. I'd take it off, if not your rear battery will suffer. And thanks for reading!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived