Second Skin Audio

Solo X 18 or IA DP 21

I have a big decision to make. I can get them both for the same price shipped. I will have space for a box up to 30x30x18 in my 01 cavalier. planned to go around 40 hertz. My amp is a cerwin vega s2000.1. 1 ohm stable I have 2 yellow tops batteries total. no big 3 yet. It will be for daily and a few numbers here and there. I want it to have deep lows but still get some higher bass but at the same time not get sloppy. Any help is thanked...

Kicker solo x 18

Or

Incri

IA DP 21

You don't have the room for either, so I wouldn't do either one. 7.76ft^3(assuming single layer 3/4" all around) before displacements isn't going to cut it for either woofer.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

i think twistedchild420 is about the only one on this forum who can help you with this, as i believe he is the only person here who has had both of these subs. ive had solo-x 18, which is one hell of a sub, but not the dp 21".

99.99% percent of the users on this forum cant give you any valuable input in this thread as far as the subs go.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

You don't have the room for either, so I wouldn't do either one. 7.76ft^3(assuming single layer 3/4" all around) before displacements isn't going to cut it for either woofer.

im doing one or the other... ive had a x 18 before and it had plenty of room... just seeing what you all thought of the ia dp 21.. never heard one in person

im thinking of a change in mind...i went to a local daler here in ky and i can get a bnib treo ssx 18 for 500 out the door with a 3 year in store warranty.. he said if i blow coils or anything bring it back and replace it for free....

he says they will get louder than the solo x 18s will.. has anyone had experience with this sub

im thinking of a change in mind...i went to a local daler here in ky and i can get a bnib treo ssx 18 for 500 out the door with a 3 year in store warranty.. he said if i blow coils or anything bring it back and replace it for free....

he says they will get louder than the solo x 18s will.. has anyone had experience with this sub

I've heard a couple in person, but never owned one. They're nice subs and can handle a lot of power. More importantly they can work well in smaller boxes than the 18" SoloX or 21" DP, which is what you need. The SoloX18 and DP21 are going to want 7-8ft^3 each after all displacements, the SSX will only need 5ft^3.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

i'd take the ia all day in any application..i'd pick a lot of other subs before i got a solo x

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

was in extreme autosound?

Youtube.com/J Hutch22