Sonic Electronix

I was just on the phone with an alt company and he tried telling me I'm wasting a lot of money if I buy another AQ3500. He said I wont hear a difference, that only a meter will be able to tell a differnce is this true? I'm using all the equipment in my sig. I now know I will be goin with DC Power's 270XP for my Grand Cherokee.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

You would definitely notice a difference. Im sure those lvl 5s are laughing at the what, 1.8k they're getting a piece now? Thats a BIG maybe getting 1800 a piece. If you have no voltage drop and barely any impedence rise, then maybe...

Edited by tonedeaf

Right now I drop it Mid/high 13s if I rev the motor to 1500-1800 rpm at idle Im in the 12s :( Which is why I'm calling around for an alt. I will be making videos soon and getting it metered so I know the before and after with another amp! How do I figure out impedance rise?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

you need to measure output voltage and amperage at the amp. so you need a DMM and a clamp meter.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Def. Call Matt at Mechman i just put a 270 in my 03 Avy.

Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue Edition
Pioneer AVHX2700BS
Cheap dont know brand(Front)
2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)
2 78 series Autocraft Gold Batteries
Stinger Battery Iso.
New Mechman 270 amp alternator
Lanzar OPTI4000D
Jbl 75.2
DC SoundLab Level 5 18
Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wires
Few 250/150 amp fuses
Oriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint
18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
z66Sig.png

whoever you talked to is on crack it takes double the power to go up 3 db and when you talking about that much power 3 db is a big jump

X2

I had a Solo X on 2000wrms and then bumped it to 4000wrms and it was a huge noticeable difference.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

It will be much louder if you add another 3500, whoever told you that is retarded.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Awesome, Thanks guys. I've talked to mechman and Ohio Gen. I havent talked to DC Power since I sold my last car. The alt guy also told me 4kW is one of loudest stereo's I will hear. I was highly misinformed from a guy I know with this alt. He said he was putting out 220 at idle for a 200amp alt so thats when I decided to call this place, then I got the story from the alt guy and He also said me for any alt over 200 amps will have to have custom mounting. He said everyone "copys" his design. That was when I realized I was wasting time calling him.

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

hmm... let me guess. that was ohio gen? sure doesnt sound like mechman or DCpower

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.