Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'passive radiator'.
Found 3 results
hello everyone I recently bought two massive hippo xl 64's.I have a old 99 gmc c1500 pickup and was thinking of doing a center console box for them , but instead of building the normal ported box, I was thinking of using a passive radiator,or radiators.I don't know if this is a good woofer for this app,I havent checked the woofers qts or t/s specs at all yet.Just thought i would run it by you guys and see what everyone thought.Opinions or pros and cons welcome.Thanks
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums. I have experience with car audio for about 20 years as a hobby. Been lurking mostly on here but I want to get some ideas in place for a new build for my truck. I currently have a 10" kicker solo classic sealed in an underseat custom enclosure with about .67 cu ft before displacement. I'm running it off a kicker zx400.1 at 2 ohms. I listen mainly to rock/classic rock/metal 95% of the time. Rap and R/B is the other 5%. So quickness and punch is very important to me for my listening preference. My goal is to get the low punch that you get when you go to a concert and listen to those 18"s hit you in the gut. Super deep is not that necessary, but deeper and punchier than what I currently get, which sucks ass. What I'm planning on doing is to have my friend help me build a custom fiberglass enclosure and getting a different sub. I've narrowed it down to the RE Audio SCX10 or the Sundown e10 v3 d4. I've ran some comparisons on WINISD and the results are a little different, but pretty close with the parameters I'm using. The Re has a better TFM while the Sundown is a little better on SPL from about 57 hz up. I have no idea what the TFM is, but hopefully one of you can help out on that. So that would make my decision a little easier on which sub to get. Now with the fiberglass enclosure, I know making it ported is going to be near to impossible. If it is possible, I'd like to hear ideas on how to do it. So my other option would be to get a 12" earthquake SLAPS PR. Now for a few questions about all this. (Sorry for the story, but want to give as much info as possible) Ported, PR, or sealed? Based on the WINISD I came up with, which would be better for my musical preference? Understanding the terms in WINISD would be a pleasure. A little help? My budget is going to be around $300-$350 for materials. I don't want to upgrade the amp yet. It's working fine. I'm looking more for sound quality than boom. (Rock music?? ) I also want to keep the enclosure under the seat. I have a big family and space is a premium. Thanks for any help.
1 - 18" tc sounds lms ultra 5400 with psi recone. 2 - 18" psi passive radiators. Alright, so let me start by saying a few months ago I had got into contact with psi about my passive radiators really reaching their limits in terms of excursion.. they confirmed with me that things were alright and.. hey, they recommended 2 18" PR's would be good enough, so obviously I believed them & continued about my business.. Last week-ish, I heard some distortion with the reconed lms and got into contact again.. thinking it was blown and wanting a fix because i had told them it was going to receive 2400w rms.. they assured me it was able to handle the power and told me I was probably clipping and burnt it that way (I just I installed a new alt) and didnt retune the amp. Alrigjt, they offered me a discount of the subwoofer recone & i was gonna upgrade to the high exvursion PR's.. we started an order form and all that jazz.. Obviously, since I'm buying a new recone.. I might as well turn this one all the way up.. 10sec into the bass drop one of the PR's explode and rip apart. Now, these are out of warranty.. But shouldn't my email months back count for something?? When I said they were being stressed too much? So, I pull the sub, remove the magnet and find something surprising as well.. theres a bubble or void on the coil thats rubbing the motor. The copper wire isnt discolored or burnt. this doesn't look like a blown coil to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like a manufacturer defect that could be covered under warranty(I hopeeeee)