Are you sure those welds are structurally sound? It would SUCK for that manifold to fall off that mount.

Also, are you running shocks? If not, any plans too?

yea, the welds are stong... i ran out of argon for my mig, so i ended up having to weld the bracket up with a lil flux core, thats why they look like shit... but i've tested it... its strong as hell..

i'm running shocks in the back... but once i change out to cups in the front, i'm going to do a shock relocation as well

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18's, walled in a clamshell box

amps: subs- 2 modded AQ 2200's, running 2550 at 1 ohm each

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

HU: android galaxy tablet, Kenwood KVT-516

2/0 gauge ran all around

6 optima red tops (will be updated, i get them DIRT cheap)

keeping my fingers crossed for membership into the 160 db club!

MY BUILD LOG

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (SUBSCRIBE!)

ok guys, as promised.. here's a better video of the bags hitting switches... i should see more side to side action once i get the suspension all the way done, but, here's where she stands right now

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

Ever give an edc any thought? Shit is fast and you can play continuously without much pressure loss. Otherwise looks good but you were saying you want to go a little lower and I don't see that happening with your mono leaf and not notching the frame. Not sure about your front setup, I cant see it to well in the video but looks like some 2x2 square as your upper bag brackets which is causing you inches. If you cut out the spring pocket and get some bag cups you could get a lot lower in the front.

you actually pretty much read my mind about alot of things...

the rear, i'm going to go to a mini notch with a parallel 4 link setup and a pan hard bar...

and the front, i'm going to cup it... i just have to get the time to fab up the cups... since no one makes shit for the montero... i'll have to get a universal kit and fab it...

as far as the edc goes... i was thinking about doing it... but, one... i know it would prolly be a hell of a job to get one to fit under the hood... and, two, i plan on running atleast 2 alt's for the system, so i'm not sure about it yet... still a good option tho

A few things, if you run the parallel make sure your pan hard is as straight from side to side as you can get it or it will cause one side to move outward and pull the other side in over your wheel. As for the edc, get you a nice Sanden ac compressor and just add an inline oiler. Sanden can also be used for building air pressure.

This is what I did on my truck

SANY0944.jpg

SANY0946.jpg

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

That's a good idea, but what do u use to engage and dis engage the pump? Does it have an electric clutch on it, or.... ?

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

That's a good idea, but what do u use to engage and dis engage the pump? Does it have an electric clutch on it, or.... ?

Yup, had electric clutch. Just run the wires off the edc to your pressure switch assuming you have one. Pretty easy and you really don't need as big of an oiler as what I had. Also the line coming out to your tank will have to be either braided or copper because of the heat.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Yup, had electric clutch. Just run the wires off the edc to your pressure switch assuming you have one. Pretty easy and you really don't need as big of an oiler as what I had. Also the line coming out to your tank will have to be either braided or copper because of the heat.

thats what i figured.... but did you make a custom bracket, with re-routed belts, or use your stock ac compressor location?

and do you know how much cfm it was pushing?

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

thats what i figured.... but did you make a custom bracket, with re-routed belts, or use your stock ac compressor location?

and do you know how much cfm it was pushing?

Stock location, bracket and compressor. I used to have a list of all the vehicles that have sanden comps but I cant find it. You may have one on yours and be able to use it but you wont have ac anymore. If you don't have one as long as the bolt holes are the same 97-02 dodge dakots have them. I will do some looking to see if your truck has one.

I hate country too..

What engine is in it? From what I can find it should have a sanden 508 which is one of the better comps.

I hate country too..

ok, so quick update.... just got done talking with ed over at T3... definately going to be going with 4 t1000 15's ... pushed by 2 PA BAMF 5500d's... i'm going to be going with an EDC (engine driven compressor) thanks to help from TIG... components are still up in the air, but i'm thinkin may T3 for them as well (might do a complete t3 build)... anyone have experience with their components? i've decided to do a completely glassed dash, as well as a new custom center console.

i may have posted this thread a little too soon, as the real build probably wont take off for a month or so, while i get all the components together.... but stay tuned, cuz its goin to be insane!

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

Im tuned in. Hope it turns out bad ass and your welcome btw. If you need any help or have any questions let me know.

I hate country too..

Archived