Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone,

I have this headunit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_35716_Sony-XAV-72BT.html

Connected to that headunit is an RE SXX 12 and a JBL BP1200.1

When I go into the headunit settings, "Subwoofer" is greyed out as if I didn't have one. The selection cannot be made to make any changes. What is the reason for this? I assumed the headunit would know of the connection by the RCA's..apparently I am not correct..How does the headunit know a subwoofer is connected so you can change settings? IS it the RCA's? If you can help I would appreciate it.

I have the XAV-60 HU (6-inch non BT. Otherwise same HU) and I have the same problem.

I have found that when resetting the HU, make sure you tell it that there is a subwoofer connected. Then adjust the Crossover's accordingly (as well as bass boost on the same screen) and the EQ accordingly.

After doing all this the subwoofer can be manipulated, but I feel as if there may be more missing. If anyone else can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Edited by SwaggerWagon