Sundown Audio

amp/speaker noise question

hey guys, i got a question i have a jl audio 500/1 and today when i turned my system all the way down, i noticed it was still making a noise like a single tone and my stereo was all the way down i check all my wires moved some made sure they where tight not loose and it still has that tone playing through the subs.when i turn it up my subs sound good like normal what could it be.

hey guys, i got a question i have a jl audio 500/1 and today when i turned my system all the way down, i noticed it was still making a noise like a single tone and my stereo was all the way down i check all my wires moved some made sure they where tight not loose and it still has that tone playing through the subs.when i turn it up my subs sound good like normal what could it be.

bad ground maybe? check and see...

'91 geo

Everest Sound Labs

Kinetik

Mechman

Clarion

if its too loud, your too old!

Rob

^ that or you may have bad connections somewhere hidden that you didn't check or bad rcas

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

ok the noise its making is a rumble noise not a solid tone and the volume is all the way down i just turned the key

sounds like rca to me.... or the rca terminals on the amp...

'91 geo

Everest Sound Labs

Kinetik

Mechman

Clarion

if its too loud, your too old!

Rob

I had this same problem a while back with my pioneer deck, it could either be a bad ground on the amplifier or a bad ground on the deck itself, mine ended up being deck side so if you have the ability check that also, decks can be cheaper then amps if its faulty.

Sounded like an engine rumble to me

Edit, guess mine could have been a fault on the rca terminals on the deck, but def make sure all grounds are solid

Edited by dcofer