Sae Institute

From what everyone in the Live Sound industry has told me, unless you want to be doing studio recording and studio recording only, SAE is not the go. If you do want to be mixing for albums, films etc. then SAE is right where you want to be man. If you want to be mixing Live Sound, do not go to SAE or any 'schools', just get into the business straight up.

On the other hand, if you want to be doing repairs on equipment, designing euq. then Electrical Engineering is where it's at.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Guest Nismofreak
From what everyone in the Live Sound industry has told me, unless you want to be doing studio recording and studio recording only, SAE is not the go. If you do want to be mixing for albums, films etc. then SAE is right where you want to be man. If you want to be mixing Live Sound, do not go to SAE or any 'schools', just get into the business straight up.

On the other hand, if you want to be doing repairs on equipment, designing euq. then Electrical Engineering is where it's at.

Cheers,

Mick

thanks man....well the mixing stuff I love....If i needs beat they remix it...lol

I was thinking about electrical engineering or mechanical engineering...

• 4 months later...
Guest Nismofreak

well I applied for a college down in orlando which is called full sail. Gonna study being a recorder/ music producer

Wish me luck and I might know approx in October if I get in or not. I might apply for sae if I don't get accepted into full sail in orlando