200 installed or just 200 for the alarm.... viper 5901 is about 200~or autopage rs -730 is about 130~. Viper 5901 has a crappy built-in shock sensor. You literally have to knock the crappy out of the car to get a prewarn with it turned all the way up.

I have the same experience with the 5901 I have it at its most sensative settings and still have to hit it hard in order for the prewarn to go on. I don't know if my car (BMW) is the reason for that. Will be getting all the extras for the 5901 soon thou

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

• 2 weeks later...

i love my 5901. but with the built in shock sensor you need to fasten it tightly against a panel or its not the best. and if you do a hood pin make sure its in a good location so water doesnt corrode the contact and make ur alarm go haywire.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

another good company people seem to over look is computstar people dont really see it to much but its really nice, plus you can change the remote to something else, say if you have a 1 way you get get a 2 way, etc....also look into a proximity sensor/glass break, shock sensors are all the same pretty much, the built in ones do just as good as the seperate ones, just depends on where the brain it self is mounted, if its mounted on plastic its pretty much useless, but thats the same with any shock sensor, all DEI is good, if your getting the remotestart/alarm combo, just do your installer a favor and get the good bypass for your key, i had to do 6 diffrent releys in my car -.- PITA!!!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Dont want or need a real car alarm

Just something something simple that makes noise when they open the door

(and/or move something)

I was thinking about a personal protection siren rigged to the door

so when they open the door past 6 inches it would go off

(they wouldnt be looking for the string at night + I could reach in and disarm it)

although id have to sprint to the parking lot as the thing is LOUD

but Im curious to hear your boobytrap ideas .

• 5 weeks later...

The alarm should have been designed so that it knows that you opened the doors with a key or your remote. Apparently when you use your keys the alarm system is unaware that you opened the doors... possibly the alarm system was added and not integrated properly. You should be able to get this wired so that when you open your doors the alarm system gets the message. I would find someone that is really savvy with eletronics to look at doing that for you. You have the name and model of the alarm system start by finding the maker on line and downloading the manual.

Maybe a built in flaw though... my 2004 Inegra RSX has an alarm system. When I lock the doors with the remote is come on... when I unlock the doors with the key or the remote it turns off. If I unlock the doors to the car and then don't get in it but open a door and then shut it... after a time the alarm turns back on and then when I walk up to the car and open it the alarm goes off. Makes no sense... I guess it isn't easy to design in all possiblities but for you to be stranded... that is a problem.