Sonic Electronix

need help with setting up my bmw with audio

No I do not have dsp.

For subs I have 2 sundown SA-10's on saz2500. It's more of a SPL set up.

As of speakers, I will be putting in set of DD i the front and alpine in the back( temporary) and set of sundown neo 8's in the back doors, powered by sundown sax100.4

ok, so thats just bmw's fault that it sucks with the stock speakers...i hope mine sound alright, it is gonna end up being a work in progress.

1st get the car lol.. then id grab a bunch a deadener hit the doors ,cabin,trunk/deck

head unit should do fine

1 5 channel amp

1-2 sets of coaxials

and you can keep the cvr if you like

where can i stuff deadener? i dont want to tear apart the car, but if there are any easy places, then count me in.

how much is a 5 channel amp, and a set of coaxials?

whats the cvr?

i own a 328i but I'm not sure how different electrical wise they are but if you go here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1721 I'm not sure if i can post links to other forums if so ill take it down but scroll down to electronics and you will find a lot of diy's on how to wire and what not and if you search there have been people that have replaced all the speakers in their bmw. again for the 328i but that website also has other forums for the 5 series so maybe you can find something for your car

i will scope around there, definately; thanks :)

as of tonight i officially own it, im STOKED! :D

dealership still needs to detail it, fill the tank, etc.

anyways. any way possible i can use the head unit i purchased, the 2 subwoofers (and amp to go with them), and keep the stock amp and speakers for now?

the display on the stock head doesn't work, so my options are relatively slim for now.

keep in mind the radio is a dsp one, so it is quite difficult to work around it.

anyways. any way possible i can use the head unit i purchased, the 2 subwoofers (and amp to go with them), and keep the stock amp and speakers for now?

I thought you'd end up signing up here after Jakg told you to haha.

Should be easy no? Just wire the new headunit in, run a RCA cable down the car from your headunit to your amp. And hey presto. Stock speakers, aftermarket sub.

i just had to haha :D

there is a problem with that (as i finally realized after hours of research), it has to do with what the dsp system is doing behind the scenes.

the stock head unit sends out a constant signal for the left side, and the right side. (4 wires in total, positive negative each side)

when this signal gets to the amp, it makes it louder according to the data signal which is through the dsp.

if i just hook up the head unit, not sure exactly, but my prediction is the amp will end up getting destroyed by the head's preamp, and the adjusting signal when i adjust the volume. this would also make the dsp redundant...so i know the basic answer to my question is no, but there might be some way before i ship the head unit back.