"Operation: Blazer Resurrection"

December 15th - So today i came to class early because we have to get this thing out by tomorrow or its sitting in the shop till January 3rd :/ So, the problem we had was that the motor was kicking back on the starter. We got the motor and tdc and the mark on the distributor and the cap lined up great?!?!.. But we said the hell with it and restabbed it one tooth off and still no luck. Luckily my 4th per. teacher let me come to the shop and my teacher said he put the distributor in AGAIN but this time it was like 20 degrees retarded. And wouldnt you know, no kick back and it runs awesome!

Then after school we went to work on the gear shift. Got the lower part of the dash off and took the bottom part of the steering column cover off and popped the cable off the shift solenoid. Weird enough, and lucky enought, the cable was seized! So we called a local junkyard and found a cable for 35 and i got an altenator for 35 becuase my old alt had a bad regulator and my teacher said it'd be smarter just to get on at the yard.

Tomorrow all we have to do is replace the cable, test it, top off the coolant, mount some tires and get that alt in!

December 16th - We got the alt in, and went to put the cable in but it was too short! I think its because it came off a 98' and there is some variance, do any of ya'll know? My teacher basically made a new bracket that bolts to the trans and gives it enough travel to reach park but i dont have anything after overdrive.

Went for a test drive during passing period and it drove and shifted great. Funny thing was that we didnt have a hood so all the kids were looking and my teacher yelled,"Someone stole the hood!". Then coming back he gave it some gas to see how it downshifted and it was slipping little. Got back to the shop and checked the transmission fluid and long story short, i was 3 quarts low!

So now i have about 50 miles on the new motor and its running awesome! Now all i need is a replacement tire for the spare i have on now, its about to blow from all the cracks in the sidewall. Thunderbolt (the people i got my motor from) Is supposed to give me my core deposit back today. They said that the heads were junk and they're taking 150 dollars out of my $350 core. Strange thing, no where on my invoice does it say they take out for damaged cores?!?! My dad drives all around houston for job and he's going to stop by to talk to them, and is supposed to see the actual heads to confirm the condition of them.

But once i do get my core im gonna get a used tire to hold me over till i get some more money for a set.

Here's some pics of it finished!

hpim2206o.jpg

hpim2207.jpg

u payed to much for the motor i payed only 800 with shipping

other then that nice man

Where did you get yours? Rebuilt 4.3L v6? The company who i got mine from, Thunderbolt, owns all the companies that rebuild motors in houston and they delivered mine for free. Only took a week to get my motor. Plus 350 of that 1600 was a core charge, which im getting back today!! Anyways, thanks. Its my first car, and so far i have about 60 miles on it and it runs great!

2000 blazer was my first now i have this 99 i love blazers

Hell yea, Blazers FTMFW!! I seen the pic of a 2 dr blazer on your profile, what do you have done to it.

thats not mine just in love with it

i have a 4 door actually link to build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/103854-killallblues-tdh-99-blazer/

GuEMAcB.png

Archived