Impreza GC8 Coupe rally setup (4 alpine 12s)

I have a 1995 Impreza GC8 coupe. Its (mostly) stock. Has a 07 sti spoiler, 07 full sti suspension, seibon carbon fiber hood, no interior (yet lol) full 10 point rollcage (like 9 now because i cut the bar for the drivers door) and a 5 point harness. For the system... Im working up.... I just got a smokin deal on 4 new alpine type s 12s (4 ohm) from a shop goin out of buisness. I paid 200 for all 4 brand new, in the shipping boxes from alpine! I went and bought a new hifonics 1700.1D amp to run them on. FOR NOW i have 2 in a store bought ported box in the trunk, and i just finished my custom dual sealed box for the other 2 for the back seat area. Looks dont matter too much for me for the build because my interior is stripped, so it looks kinda odd/bad no matter what. I have all 4 wired together in series/paralel for a 4 ohm load on each sub and a 2 ohm load on the amp. Still breaking in, so i havent maxed out to hear the outcome, but at half bass, and half volume, its giving me a little rear window flex and making my ears pop, so i have hopes! My next goal is to make a nice tuned ported box for the other 2. If that still isnt loud enough, ill throw 2 more type s in a ported box behind that on a seperate amp at 1 ohms, but this is what i have for now. Pics up later on!

Im thinking of adding 1 more type s in the middle of the other 2 in the back seat, on its own amp. more cone area, more spl...

I just want to get as loud as my friends old s10 extended cab. he had 2 type r 12s and 2 jl w3v2 12s all in an extended cab truck. he got loud because of power, not boxes, they were best buy ported boxes, BUT he had them all wired on a hifonics 1200 rms amp, at .5 ohm, so it was 2400 rms total. the amp actualy handeled it fine! that was the loudest thing ive ever heard! hair tricks, no prob, hell i couldnt inhale at ALL on the low note in 'put on' had serious window flex and wicked lows. never heard anything like it! i wanna have that in my car, but i dont want to have the subs wayyyy past max power like he did.

Car looks pretty nice. You do any racing in it? (legally I hope)

As for the system...

FOR NOW i have 2 in a store bought ported box in the trunk, and i just finished my custom dual sealed box for the other 2 for the back seat area.
My next goal is to make a nice tuned ported box for the other 2. If that still isnt loud enough, ill throw 2 more type s in a ported box behind that on a seperate amp at 1 ohms
Im thinking of adding 1 more type s in the middle of the other 2 in the back seat, on its own amp. more cone area, more spl...

I think it'd sound a lot better with a single box for all the subs. If your goal is loudness, maybe 3 subs in a ported box in the back seat area... depends on what you can fit. It's never a good idea to mix/match enclosures OR the amount of power going to each sub.

he had 2 type r 12s and 2 jl w3v2 12s all in an extended cab truck.

This makes me sad.

he got loud because of power, not boxes

More likely because of the small cabin area. I'd estimate you have about the same amount of area in your car, so it shouldn't be too hard getting as loud, though I imagine it's hard trying to work around that cage to get a box in there.

• 3 weeks later...