Sonic Electronix

im not lost 100% but just a little bit. I have a Kenwood deck. I also bought a eq cant remember brand, i have a powerbassasa 600.1 which is 1200watts 600rms x 1 @1ohm. My problem is until i get the money to make a custom ported box i am stuck with a non ported box with 2 rocksford fosgate p2 12in in them how exactly do i wire them to make them hit. when they are hitting after 10seconds the amp cuts out. not sure if its tuned right or what. I have this in a 08 fusion. Also why do i have to lay my seats down to get the most bass is there any way to leave them up and still feel my bass?? Help Please

Supakidd92

im not lost 100% but just a little bit. I have a Kenwood deck. I also bought a eq cant remember brand, i have a powerbassasa 600.1 which is 1200watts 600rms x 1 @1ohm. My problem is until i get the money to make a custom ported box i am stuck with a non ported box with 2 rocksford fosgate p2 12in in them how exactly do i wire them to make them hit. when they are hitting after 10seconds the amp cuts out. not sure if its tuned right or what. I have this in a 08 fusion. Also why do i have to lay my seats down to get the most bass is there any way to leave them up and still feel my bass?? Help Please

without trying to sound rude. have a professional look at your setup. not a friend, not a friends cousin. a MECP certified professional.

i got about a sentince in and realized you know almost nothing about what your saying. if you are expecting ANY help whatsoever on this site your going to need to give us exact specs. exactly whats running in there and what not.

468x60drc.jpg

No worry bro i know your trying to help. As far as specs go the subs are dual 4ohm 12in 400rms, The amp is 1200watts peak rms wise 300 2ohms, 150 4ohms, 600 1ohm. Im not to sure about the box i bought it from a local shop. its a small box though. I have had it looked it before and was told nothing was wrong with it i just needed i just needed a bigger amp. So i upgraded to the amp i listed above from the rocksford p500.1. Im not sure if thats a upgrade but thats what i was told by the store

Supakidd92

its barely an upgrade, if i could even call it one. the amps output like the same power

is bass boost on on anything? like the headunit, the amp, etc? if it is, it should be turned off. just trust me on that. even the bass level in the EQ (like bass, mid, treble) is a bad idea

where did the person who installed the amp run the ground wire? is it bolted to something thats a really really thick piece of metal (like a strut tower or the cars frame)? is said metal sanded down so its all shiny around where the wire lug bolts into the metal? if not, you MUST fix it.

how high is the gain knob turned on the amp? that may also be a problem

edit: answer all these questions as best you can and we'll go from there

Edited by Kranny

What shop did you buy your stuff from? Where are you in washington? I might be able to help you out or recommend a shop to go to depending...

Just guessing this might take more help than what we can give you online

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

I have the bass levels off, I know exactly what you mean bro lol and its grounded to the metal where the tail light goes, and yes its sanded down. the gain knob is a little under a quarter turned up. My stuff was bought from car toys in tacoma

Supakidd92

turn bass boost off if its on, you might need an electrical upgrade kit so start looking in to that. it seems like the amp is going into protect mode ether because of low impedance or low voltage. have both checked out and make sure you have the right gauge wire going to the amps. maybe think about investing in some good equipment. im not trying to be an ass or anything but people on this site require all the information you can give them

Edited by DRCinc
468x60drc.jpg

take pictures of everything for us if you can. get your amp's the battery where its grounded etc. everything you can get a picture of is good

468x60drc.jpg

I have the bass levels off, I know exactly what you mean bro lol and its grounded to the metal where the tail light goes, and yes its sanded down. the gain knob is a little under a quarter turned up. My stuff was bought from car toys in tacoma

unless the tail light is grounded to the strut tower or the cars frame, its not a good ground. stock grounds are usually on flimsy sheet metal

edit: yeah pictures would REALLY help in this case. pictures of like everything.

Edited by Kranny