Well its that time again, but its been so long.

I am looking at building myself another rig and am wanting to get into the single screen 3D 1080p action.

My last computer i built was right when the corsair 800d came out so its been quite awhile.

Any advice as far as a new chip about to hit the market or is the current x79 very new? If we are close to another launch i will wait untill than.

Right now i have been looking at the quad core sandy bridge available for $310 to go with the asus sabertooth mobo.

Intel's next-gen chips should be here by the end of the month if all goes well. Ivy Bridge is the codename this time around. Z77 is the chipset you'll want. Nvidia's GTX 680 just launched less than a month ago and it's a 3D monster. Great time to be building a new PC.

I wouldn't waste my money on X79. The X-series chipsets are always a waste of money unless you're a serious professional workstation user who needs the CPU horsepower or are running a 4-way graphics card setup. 3D gaming at 1080p is going to be purely GPU intensive. Intel's Sandy/Ivy Bridge series i5s will handle it no problem and the i7s will give you the overhead to do some background tasks while gaming. Anything more than that for a CPU and you're throwing money out the window that could be put towards a stronger GPU or even a second for an SLI setup.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Awesome just the reply i was looking for. Currently i got a i7 930 @ 4.4 and 2 285's on a evga x58 micro all watercooled. Which is a great machine but the 680 will more than double my gpu performance so im getting excited :) I dont know if i can swing 2 for sli as they are pretty spendy but defiantly 1. Why must getting into 3d be so expensive!