Second Skin Audio

torres question

ok heres the final outcome after everything you guys have told me ^^

PWsvg.png

yea ive talked to u about that 15 remember :P im planning on running --> http://www.sonicelec...te-R750-1D.html running at 2 ohms ofc

getting the D4 P3 so ill wire it down to 2 ohms

u ninjad me -.- ill just seal another peice of mdf to the trunk opening then screw the box to that...

this is going in my alero.

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

I still think 3.0ft^3 is a tad on the big side if you plan to send it much more than it's rated 600wrms. But tuning and port area looks good. Looks as if you took everything else into consideration as well as far as displacement.

If you want to keep height and width, you'd have to shrink depth in order to drop net volume. That would change your port measurements up too. So it'd basically be plug and play until you got the tuning and port area measurements back to the same ballpark.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

yea ive talked to u about that 15 remember :P im planning on running --> http://www.sonicelec...te-R750-1D.html

this is going in my alero.

Oh yeah man I remember. Duh. lol

The Fosgate Prime Digital amps are actually pretty good. I put one of those very same amplifiers in the other day in a 2011 Silverado and it actually tested 964rms on it's birthsheet. Yeah with that amplifier, i'd aim closer to 2.5-2.75 honestly for the P3. At 3.0 i'd be worried about losing cone control on lower notes.

I still think 3.0ft^3 is a tad on the big side if you plan to send it much more than it's rated 600wrms. But tuning and port area looks good. Looks as if you took everything else into consideration as well as far as displacement.

If you want to keep height and width, you'd have to shrink depth in order to drop net volume. That would change your port measurements up too. So it'd basically be plug and play until you got the tuning and port area measurements back to the same ballpark.

k gimme a few minutes n ill have another pic uploaded

got it near 2.66cuft

got it near 14 cuin Port area

and tuned where i wanted it ^^

qo3yi.png

so does this look good now? lol

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

I'd say it's time to go buy some wood, glue, screws, and silicone. :good:

I'd say it's time to go buy some wood, glue, screws, and silicone. :good:

good thing i get 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4" mdf for 10 bucks a sheet B)

friend works at the local lumber yard, he gets a workers discount, when he's bored at work i help him build "his" (my) box ^^ free cuts, free glue, free nails

definitely not building it this friday though XD will def mess something up

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Friday.... Friday... 18... 19... 20. It's April. Haha yeah, with those prices, as long as you wait until you are in good shape to maneuver power tools, you can have yourself one damn cheap box. (In terms of cost. lol) Take pictures. Pictures are always nice.

Friday.... Friday... 18... 19... 20. It's April. Haha yeah, with those prices, as long as you wait until you are in good shape to maneuver power tools, you can have yourself one damn cheap box. (In terms of cost. lol) Take pictures. Pictures are always nice.

lol ill prolly end up building it friday cuz i get payed thursday so itll gimme something to do all day

ill take pictures of everything B)

design is done :D sub placement look alright?

Qx781.png

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Cool deal man. I'll be looking out for it. It'd be nice to see someone else actually try to get loud in an Alero. :good:

Cool deal man. I'll be looking out for it. It'd be nice to see someone else actually try to get loud in an Alero. :good:

dude honestly aleros get loud as fuck... when my friend totaled his ride he put his 2 12" type rs off a alpine mrx-m100 in a box i made for him tuned to 34 hz. it scared the crap outa me the lows in aleros r godlike compared to other cars

im running up on 205k miles though :/ im pretty sure ima just replace the engine if it goes out cuz ive already put twice as much as its worth into it... n to many memories that arent worth losing XD n it was my first car so ill keep it forever

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200