MY LUMINA BUILD.. KICKER L7 12s.. SWAPPING FOR 2 RE OR FI 12'S PORTED THROUGH BACK SEAT.

current setup

2 PA 5.25 in front doors. swapping for rf t252s comp set

2 sony 6.5 in rear deck, swapping for rf t652s comp set

kicker l7 12 in ported box, building box for 2 12s ported into cabin through back seat..

2 gauge power and grounds

orion 2400 amp.. sapping for rf power series undecided on which amp or amps.. also and getting a t400.4 for my comp sets

STOCK HEAD UNIT, just ordered a pioneer deh7400hd..

i have 2 orion2400s and 2 l712s at the moment.. the box i had for 2 l7s didnt fit so i just bought a single ported one at pawn shop for $40

all my mids and highs are ran off the stock headunit and sound like shit when i adjust the bass knob high on headunit due to me having the subwoofers connected via one of those converters.. so basically im gonna start out with throwing a new head unit in. building a box for 2 12's ported via removable rear seat.. the box is going to be around 5.1FT3.. cant decide whether i should throw some RE 12s in there or FI... cannot find an FI dealer online anywhere. upgrading my 2 gauge to dual runs of knu kca 1/0 and throwing 2 batteries in the back.. so here is my ROUGH draft on what im starting this weekend.. any input if re sex12s would sound good in this? there specs say to tune them at around 33.. once again this is a rough draft i still gotta tweak some stuff to make sure 2 12's will even fit in this box lmfao.. so heres just some pics for will definetly keep updates on new equipment i get and all that good stuff.. with pics of course ;)

no the big 3 has not been done.. plan on using my 1/0 black KCA for that once i get it.

i really wish i could fit a double din but its a single din dash :(

rough draft

box.jpg

heres my ghetto system as of now

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

CHECKLIST/WISHLIST/SHOPPING CART FOR NEW SYSTEM.. REPLACING EVERYTHING.. AND ADDING..

WIRING/ELECTRICAL

• 50ft KNU KCA 1/0 in blue for power
  • 50ft KNU KCA 1/0 in black for power
  • 50ft KNU KARMA 12g speaker wire for comp sets
  • 10ft KNU OFC 8g for sub speaker wire
  • 20ft remote wire(had to add it lol)
  • 2 pair 2CHANNEL KARMA rcas
  • 5 KNU FUSE HOLDERS WITH 200A OR SO FUSES
  • 2 BATTERIES STILL UNDECIDED AS WELL

LOWS

• 2 RE SEX12S.. HAVENT 100% DECIDED SO OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULD SAVE MONEY.

AMPS

• RF T????. undecided on which particular one..
  • RF T400.4 for mids and high

HIGHS/MIDS

• RF T252S comp set for front range
  • RF T652s comp set for rear stage

cant decide on to run active or just run passive with the crossovers the setups come with. any input?

any input on other subs other than the RE SEX12s? cheaper/better suggestions?

Edited by 904slumpin

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

would honestly rather build a box exactly like this but to my main dimensions.. but i dont kno a program that ill simplify is easy enough

independentport.jpg

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

also, when its all said and done and my main box and port is build, does it matter whether i have the subs on the front, back, top, or sides of the box?