Re-roofing sucks, just look at this!

Well, it had some serious sag going on in some places. And i am defanatly going to pay someone to clean up the mess. I think about 1 square of that crap filled a truck bed trailer full.

From what i can tell most of the house is 3 layers, at least looking at it from the side. But that part might be four. That cut is right in the valley so they probably layed down a row in the valley on the layer they put on. So i think every three shingles is one layer. That would make three layers maybe four plus shake. Whatever the case the shingles i'm putting on are 30yr and the next time it will get metal which should be good for 50. since i'm 35 i shouldnt have to re-roof after that point barring any major catastrophes. I doubt i will out live my roof at that point. And if i average 20 years a layer X 3 layers plus the layer of shake. That is around 80 years. That's probably pretty close actually.

Also if you would like to see some history on the town i live in check this site, it a great little town

http://www.mikezulu.com/wetmore.htm