Sonic Electronix

Ok I was wondering if it would be okay to run two 1500 bd to a single subwoofer. I also have a Rockford fosgate line driver to control the gains on both amps. But they are not able to be strap so would I run it pass thru and do you recommend it to a daily driven car?

Right now I'm running a single 1500-bdcp to an FI ssd 18. I was thinking of doing a single sp4 18 with one bdcp on each coil. I see nothing wrong with that setup provided you match the gains properly. I know meade runs one 2500 per coil on his subs, although I don't think the 1500 has the same sync mode that the 2500 has. Either way, I don't think you need to strap amps to run 2 on each sub. Good luck with the setup. My SSD beats the living hell out of my windshield so I would imagine twice the power and an sp4 would be a whole new level :drink40:

Just noticed you're in Georgia also, Don't want to steer off topic so add me as a friend if you're near south Atlanta maybe we will see each other at some shows or something! I'm always up for a demo too once you get this done! Cheers bro.

If by pass-thru you mean running a set of rca's out of the amp into the input of the other amp then yes. You could do that or just run another set of rca's from the head unit. But personally i wouldn't bother wasting another precious rca output off the head unit. The way I have mine run, I have my mids and highs amp running out of the pass thru, since my piece of shit radio only has one rca out lol. Also it's funny you should ask that ohm load question. Gave me deja vu because literally an hour ago I was looking into getting an sp4 and wondering if I run mine like that what the ohm load would be. But I think if it is a dual 2 then you don't really have any other option than to run each amp at 2 ohms. Luckily if it is a bdcp, you still make shittons of power at 2 ohms. (I think mine does 1788 at 2 ohms, and 1960 at 1) so not much of a loss running 2 ohms. Either way, If you figure 1500 watts per coil, you will still be feeding that beast plenty of power! Just make sure you're electrical system can handle all that power.