here's a few pics of my build thus far got cd player and alpine components in front doors , alpine 2 ways in back , and 1/0 power and ground from rockford fosgate . this is a budget build , the alpine cde-9874 that i have was bought for $33 dollars on ebay, the alpine components were a bout $35 from ebay as well . what i spent the most on with this build so far was my rf 0 gauge wire kit , i went for the big one with distribution blocks and signal cables , spent $220 for that . not exactly sure what i needed 0 gauge for at this point , i am sure i will need it in the future .

my sub set up will be 2 jl audio 13w1's which i have owned for a couple years now . not sure yet as to what i am going to do for enclosure , thinking about doing fiberglass baffle . to run my subs i will use a tma 1000.1 amp that also come from feebay $100, it should be a good match for my w1's power wise . pics to come when i get going on the sub phase of this .

also thinking of doing something like an amp rack to clean up my wires and have a place to mount / hide wires and distribution blocks

big three also to come .

DSCF2787.jpg

DSCF2788.jpg

DSCF2790.jpg

DSCF2791.jpg

Edited by b-dubs89

• 1 month later...

update , got 1 more 13w1 sub , and just got the first round of resin on my baffle here are some pics , internal bracing to come later

DSCF2887.jpg

DSCF2888.jpg

DSCF2889.jpg

DSCF2891.jpg

took to quarts of resin to get the fleece wet , thinking maybe i should have bought 2 gallons of resin .not sure how i am going to finish this box yet , i thought about trying to wrap it in vinyl , if nothing else spray on bed liner doesn't look too bad and it's good for hiding your goof ups

DSCF2892.jpg

DSCF2893.jpg

sorry for so few of pics , i did brace with a dowel and fiberglass on the inside corners , still haven't decided how i am going to finish my box , 3 jl 13w1 4ohm subs wired to 1.3 ohms . next on my list is an amp rack . after hearing my sub set up i am thinking about taking some volume away or going ported . without figuring the baffle or woofer displacement i am at about 6 cubic ft all 1 chamber which more per sub than jl recommends . i started this box build with out any real plan and just kind of shot from the hip . the baffle was about the only plan i had.