Sonic Electronix

ok so as of right now i have 2 fi btl's and 1 soudnstream run1.2500. my amp keeps shutting down and going into protect mode because its not getting the power needed to function. stock electrical down to the alt wires. next week i will be purchasing an svr 2000 battery or maybe the 3000 model. my question is how do i wire that battery to the front one? i am a noob at wiring big stuff like this. i will also purchase 50' of knu concepts kxlm wire to run it. i have no clue as of how or where to run the wire too. any help will be much appriciated. thank you

your amp will still probably shut down with an extra battery. or at least wont protect as often (but still will). with that power, you need a new high output alt AND a battery

yea im trying to get another battery next week but i just need advice on how to wire it

but like i said, it'll still probably go into protect. its going into protect because the voltage is dropping too low. your stock alt probably has like 50-75 amps free to power that amp. that 2500 will draw in the mid 200 amps.

you need to upgrade the charging power (alternator), not the storage power (battery).

now how to wire the battery up. run 0 gauge from + on front battery to + on new rear battery. use 300 amps fuses, fused preferably right after the front battery, and right before the new rear battery.

ground the rear battery either to the front battery with 0 gauge (no need to fuse), or ground the new rear battery directly to the frame of the car. or to a bolt on the rear strut tower. for both options, sand the metal down so that its nice and shiny where the lug will touch the metal of the car.

edit: then you just run a short (fused, if there are no fuses on the amp itself) power and ground from the amp to the rear battery.

Edited by Kranny

Ohhhhh yeaaa ur right. Thanks man. How many amp would i need from an alt? 220 or alot more? Do i drill holes in the back to run the wires through?

Oh and im not sure. There both dual 2 wired to 1 ohm each connected seperatly to the same mono amp. The way i have it is the amp reciving a 2 ohm draw or .5?

Ohhhhh yeaaa ur right. Thanks man. How many amp would i need from an alt? 220 or alot more? Do i drill holes in the back to run the wires through?

Oh and im not sure. There both dual 2 wired to 1 ohm each connected seperatly to the same mono amp. The way i have it is the amp reciving a 2 ohm draw or .5?

at least a 200 amp one. the bigger the better pretty much.

the amp is seeing .5. you keep letting that amp protect from low voltage and you wont have an amp for much longer

Ohhh alright. Im short on money so im leaning towards the ebay ones, are thry totaly off limits?

Ohhh ok damn. I thought it would add up to 2 ohms.

lol i speak from experience when i say this. ebay high output alts suck worse than OEM ones