A couple of years so I decided that after 3 years of non-stop every day remote start and alarm installs ( good work, but just not exciting). I was just tired of doing them. Unless it was something personal, or close friends I just passed the jobs up to my other guy. Well, yesterday I installed a Python 991 in a Yukon for someone. I just wanted to give a quick review of my thoughts on this install.

I'm not sure when Directed changed things, but as soon as I opened the box I was like WTH is this? The unit looks different, uses different harness than I'm used to, and had all sorts of new colors that didn't look familiar. Anyway, after looking at the install sheet, it all made sense, and I have to say thumbs up on the way this unit is set up. The flex relay deal is sweet. Internal impact sensor, and control module are cool, and the entire package just made for a nice clean and easy install. The fobs are very high end and classy. The LED indicator on the control panel is super bright and lights the entire vehicle. The sensitivity adjust for the impact sensor can be control directly from the 2way fob. The starter kill relay is built into the main unit. There are basically no external parts to this thing aside from the siren and antenna/control unit. Also, it is pretty darn cool that the LCD remote has an internal li battery that has a mini usb cable to charge it. Pretty slick. There are some other nice features on this unit. Can't remember everything but overall I was actually impressed with this thing. I personally am not a big fan of security systems in my own vehicles but I actually wouldn't mind having this 991 on my own vehicles.

I give it at least a 9/10 for features, install flexibility, and coolness.

As I said before, I haven't been into the rs/security for awhile. I'm not sure if all of this stuff has been going on for awhile or not, but I like it. I actually used to prefer the Audiovox lines over the DEI lines as far as installation and overall feel goes, but think I may start installing more of these again, and the Dei stuff is my new preferred.

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...