Sonic Electronix

How Far Will People Hear Me Coming?

Actually that's exactly why steve built his truck. being heard a long way away is just a by-product. HE is talking about built a car for the specific purpose of being heard by other people. If being heard far away naturally going to happen with a big system, but that is not specifically why it was built.

I didn't build my system for other people either. Not sayin steve did. I'm just saying that if you don't get enjoyment out of impressing other people with it then something is wrong. I guess I don't know how to word this right and everyone can come up with a disagreement for me but I'm just sayin, if you have a big sound system you have dumped 1000s of dollars and hella man hours into, you are gonna want to show it off.

Why do people spend thousands of dollars on weed and strive to find the best stuff out there? They want a better experience and a better high...

Car Audio is a drug....and i like to get high...

People also spends thousands of dollars on Rims, paint jobs, etc not just for them to enjoy it but so they can show their stuff off to the people. The more heads you turn with your car ususally the better it is. I get way more pleasure out of turning heads than making mine rattle...lol

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

I didn't build my system for other people either. Not sayin steve did. I'm just saying that if you don't get enjoyment out of impressing other people with it then something is wrong. I guess I don't know how to word this right and everyone can come up with a disagreement for me but I'm just sayin, if you have a big sound system you have dumped 1000s of dollars and hella man hours into, you are gonna want to show it off.

I understand what your saying, its the linguistics that is messing everything up. Ok...and Example. I built my system for the express purpose of me getting enjoyment out of listening to my stereo very loud. Yes, I can show it off, and be heard far away, but that is just what happens when you built a loud stereo. I do get enjoyment from people noticing my stereo, but I dont get as much enjoyment from that as I do from listening to my stereo loud...even if no one is around there to hear it.

Hopefully this clears up my stand on this topic.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

People also spends thousands of dollars on Rims, paint jobs, etc not just for them to enjoy it but so they can show their stuff off to the people. The more heards you turn with your car ususally the better it is. I get way more pleasure out of turning heads than making mine rattle...lol

IF thats the case then why not put your stereo outside the car where you dont have to hear it, but you can still turn heads? Since that seems to be what you want.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I'm very similar. I originally had 2 memphis 10s and a memphis 1000 watt amp under my backseat in the truck. After a while I'm like, this shit aint cuttin it no more.

One of my good buddies who is an installer said it's like gettin a 200 cc bike, eventually you are going to get tired of riding it and want something more powerful and faster.

Hence my 15s. I enjoy my music loud and it will never be loud enough. That's why I'm gettin a tahoe and doublin up on my system. 4 15s and 5000 watts. Prolly get rid of that later too. Always not enough!

IF thats the case then why not put your stereo outside the car where you dont have to hear it, but you can still turn heads? Since that seems to be what you want.

Well lets think here for a second and use logic. I drive a Jeep not a truck...hmmmmmmmm

You do understand that just because I like turning heads doesn't mean its the only reason why I am into systems, don't you? I still like loud bass in the car myself.

Setup in the makings

man, this topic is pointless, er one has there personal preference and thats all there is too it, if he wants to put 50 tweeters behind his grill or whatever it may be its his ride, im not even gonna lie, i spent lots of time n $$$ on my setup and er once n while i role the window down and crank the bass knob a few notches, people in my town know me, thy dont trip.

Well lets think here for a second and use logic. I drive a Jeep not a truck...hmmmmmmmm

You do understand that just because I like turning heads doesn't mean its the only reason why I am into systems, don't you? I still like loud bass in the car myself.

somone block this gay ass thread

who cares how far someone can hear you

just another reason for cops to pull you over and give you a ticket

somone block this gay ass thread

who cares how far someone can hear you

just another reason for cops to pull you over and give you a ticket

If I ever get a ticket becuase of my system I am framing it. :D And by the way, you just made this thread gayer with that last pos of yourst :rolleyes:

Setup in the makings

Archived