4 15" Skar's Ripping Blazer apart!

Thanks guys. I absolutely love how the box turned out. I really wish it was in my vehicle. Haha. And that 150 is just right around the corner. This thing was made the ground pound, and the customer honestly doesn't even care about numbers.

bad_ass_car: i think the box is a little on the big side. What kind of vehicle is this going in? I would recommend about 13-15 cubes with about 180 sq in of port tuned betwee. 33-36 hz. If it's going in an sub, i would recommend doing subs up and port back. Port up does well in an suv also, so if that's what you want by all means go for it.

its going in my 92 full size blazer. trying to keep it behind 2nd row of seats. in one of the other forums i was told you cant go too big? this will all be under window level and behind back seats. i have the subs up port back at 16 cubes right now and tuned to 38 hz it just seems like the box is holding them back. what will happen if the box is too big?

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9

Basically, the bigger the box (when going ported), the less power you need to use to get them moving, and you can get it to play lower without tuning lower. However, going too big, and the subs will basically have no back pressure, and won't sound good at all.

What are the dimensions of you box and port right now?

Without knowing the size of your port, that box is 11.43 cubes without any sub or port displacement. Your current box is way too small, which is why it seems like they need more air space. Build a box 13 cubes NET after sub and port displacement with 165 sq in of port tuned to 36 hz and you will be A LOT happier.

what would be the best if i want to hit decent numbers and drop low. i hit a 147.3 with what i have now, how much more you think i could get out of this set up? maybe 150? sorry to be asking so many questions but ive been through hundreds of forums and cont find anything or anyone to really help me. i appreciate the help your giving me

i'm new to the spl world and loving it!!!
4- power acoustik mofo 152s
rd d9