Sundown Audio

American Bass XD3000.1

I have an American Bass XD 3000.1 amp and for some reason it goes into protection when I turn the car on. The speakers pop first then it goes into protection. But if I disconnect power to the amp and +speaker wire and turn the car on then connect the power to the amp then plug the speaker wire back up the amp works perfectly fine with no other problems. I was told that my remote wire is coming in to hot and that I need to buy a PAC TR-4. Does any one know if this will work or is there another solution to my problem.

the remote wire is coming in too hot? what did the person mean when they told you that? because that makes no sense whatsoever.

measure the resistance of the voice coils on the sub (with all speaker wires disconnected) with a multimeter and see what they read.

where is the amp grounded to specifically? is the paint sanded off of the ground point?

what headunit do you have?

I'm not 100% sure what he meant but from what i understand of the Pac TR-4 it brings the remote wire power in slow not just straight 14v but a gradual build to 14v. The subs are dual 4's reading around 4 ohms at each coil not wired, they are wired down to 1 ohm. The amp is grounded to the extra batteries in the back and the batteries are grounded to the frame and the contact points are bare metal. The head unit I have is Power Acoustik PTID-8920BT