Clamping my alternator

Thanks everyone for the quick responses, Found out my grandpa has one i will try tomorrow and see what happens!

Did you get a reading on your alt.?

Thanks everyone for the quick responses, Found out my grandpa has one i will try tomorrow and see what happens!

Did you get a reading on your alt.?

Turns out Grandpa had the same clamp as me. Not the right kind. I went to a shop and they clamped my alternator. I got 175 amps out of a 250 amp Singer alternator. Keep in mind i wasn;t putting a load big enough on it , need more batteries. Guys there said its very likely that it will do 250 amps due to the nice looking internals of the alt. I will buy my own meter and run more tests soon.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

How many runs of wire off it? I have 3 singer 400s And on a hot day and a day of beating on truck i clamped 300a from each But with only 2 runs of wire off each when i should have 4 or more

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

1 run off my alt to my stock batt and 1 run from stock batt to d3400 in back. Waiting on batts to move the d3400 to tje front.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd