Sonic Electronix

No one can say for sure. If done well you should have less trunk flex obviously since the wood would be added bracing. Theoretically doing this could result in more air movement and a higher tl score but you wont know how much unless you try it and it may not be much at all.

I dont have much personal experience building in trunk cars but when i built my wall shell i did some similar experiments. I had a small sealed box with 2 image dynamics 8s in it as my sub fill during construction and when i put them into the wall shell firing back against the back wall they were audibly 2-3 times louder in the low 50hz range but the low end pretty much stayed the same so it became super peaky. But i left it that way for a few days because it was fun choking myself out with a pair of 8s on 400 watts lol. The set up was acting like a 4th order with a very high tuning and huge ratio.

You will probably notice entirely different results than that however, I am just using it as an example that it could change the sound output drastically. Whether it would be a change for the better or worse is hard to say

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL