Is my Kenwood setup any good?

J R

Yes the speakers will be on a Kicker ZX350.4 amp. I have to have 6.5 inch component in the front doors and it has to have a 1 inch tweeter. It's just the way the door is cut right now and I don't plan on cutting anymore on the door. I need to match two Memphis Mojo QVC 15's on a ZX2500.1 sitting in the back seat :P. If not the ovals in the back, then two more 6.5 component/coax speakers? I'm trying not to spend too much.

I'd throw away the idea of having the subs in the back seat asap. If they won't fit then redesign your box. Your seats can easily get torn up and they'll be MUCH easier to steal. It should be louder that way, but it won't sound anywhere near as good. Plus your speakers definitely won't keep up if that box is 3 feet behind you. It'll cancel out everything coming from the back, and give your front stage a harder time keeping up.

• 2 weeks later...

There is absolutely no possibility of subs in the trunk due to a fuel cell, pump, line, nitrous bottle, and MAYBE my extra batteries for audio...IF I can fit them. I don't run around with my subs cranked up I only turn them up for fun every so often. As for the seats I made brackets to hold the box in place and did triple carpet on the bottom and back of the box. It wasn't cheap carpet either it was pretty thick.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-