want to go active but need help

i'll start by listing my setup:

headunit- alpine w505

processor- alpine h701 w/optical cable

mids/highs- 2 sets front/rear polk audio mm6501 & 1 set polk audio db1001 tweeters

mids/high amp- alpine pdx4.150

subs- 2 sundown audio sa-10d4s

sub amp- sundown saz-1500dv2

i want to go active with my setup but dont know what to do with these polks. they are 2.7ohms. i was planning on getting another amp to run tweeters. then i wanted to add some 4'' speakers to the front/rear pillars and get there own amp. and use the alpine 4.150 on the 6.5 in the doors. i have total 4 mm tweeters that are 2.7 ohms 2 db tweeters that are 4 ohms and thats my problem. dont know how to wire to get ohms right and what kinda amp i need for them.

well i see your problem!!! i too am in the middle of setting up an active set up. for one you either need a head unit that is set up for running active or you need to make sure you can set your high pass filter on your amp to at least 2500 hz if not you cant really run active anyway. the only advice i can give you with that amp you have is sell the polks and get some crescendo PWX-6 or some JBL selenium 6" midranges, or even some power bass 4xl 6" mids would work great. and you wanna get rid of your passive crossovers anyway so this would be a better choice. if i were you i would get two crescendo FT1 super tweeter one for each door and 4 crescendo PWX-6s and you would be more than happy. run all 4 mids off of the rear channel with crossover set at 80hz with a 12db slope should be good. thats what im running and the the tweeters should be crossed over at about 3200hz with a 6db slope.

this is what im doing but you could easily mount everything behind the factory door panel

417406_247432232044003_1495643252_n.jpg

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint