Sundown Audio

Lightning Audio b4-250.2 worth a damn?

Jessica

i do have this amp wired at 8ohm on 2 12" fosgate p2d2s and this little amp really actually does make them hit pretty hard. it definatly has fosgate quality and trust me i know fosgate quality as i am a die hard RF fanatic and own only thier products other than one mtx sub i paid 5 for. amp is rated to do 85x2@4ohm 125x2@2ohm or 250x1@4ohm brigded rms. so at 8ohm bridged i should be getting around 150rms on my subs and it seems like there is more power than that. id say this amp is definatly worth it for the right price. if you would like i can try to post a pic of an old school rf amp so you can see how the quality of this amp compare to what they used to build.

That would be interesting to see the comparison.

Ya7ngh.jpg

Here is a Oldchool Fosgate Punch 200a4. i had to pull the pic from the internet because my phone wont send the pics for some reason. (outdated POS) but if you look there is a similar build between the two. but the lightning audio amp actually has some beefier components such as the MosFets.

Steve Brewer

tFound the pic on google. my phone wouldnt let me post pic of mine. but this was not the last series of amps fosgate had made in the us. they had they punch s m and x series and the power bd amps from 01-03. subs that they made these years were the punch he2 punch hx2 and power hx2.

Steve Brewer

• 2 years later...

I have this exact amp, and it never once gave me any issues. I powered 2 older 12 inch subwoofers in seperate chambered sealed box. My rear view mirror would fall off in my 92 cutlass. I still have the amp and will continue to use it. I bought it used like 5 years ago and it still works good.

I have this exact amp, and it never once gave me any issues. I powered 2 older 12 inch subwoofers in seperate chambered sealed box. My rear view mirror would fall off in my 92 cutlass. I still have the amp and will continue to use it. I bought it used like 5 years ago and it still works good.

Im powering the door speakers in my truck with it currently

Archived