Well, finally saved up enough money for my storage HDD, WD Blue 1TB, ordered it from NewEgg, 2 day shipping. Saved up a few for my GPU and headset now and some other things that I need. xD

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

• 1 month later...

I got a new case, the NZXT Phantom 820. It's huge! Better temps and yeah, it's just a monster of a case. I'm trying to sell it though, even though I just got it. I have another build in mine. Selling it all parts online and all in one locally. xD Still have the 410 as well. It's a good case. I already have my hard drive as well. Just a small update.

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

That case is sexy

I'm happy with my 410, but I do want that one lol

Me too, I will probably keep the 410 for something else. I bought an i7-3770k today from MicroCenter since it was on sale. Sold my H100i, motherboard and i5. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Recently Sold:

i5-3570k [email protected] on 1.250vcore 190$

Asus P8Z77-V Pro MB 180$

Corsair H100i CPU Cooler 120$

Newly Purchased:

i7-3770k OC @4.4ghz on 1.220vcore [will go higher soon] MicroCenter 245$ Sale

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe MB NewEgg 185$ 2-Day Shipping

Corsair Vengeance 16GB [2x8Gb] 1866mhz Cas9 Ram NewEgg 120$ 2-Day Shipping

Corsair H60 CPU Cooler [Just a temp]

Soon to be purchased:

Seasonic X750 PSU

Future Plans:

Blue Bitfenix Prodigy 110$

Full Custom Watercooling Setup 400$

2xSamsung 830 SSD 64GB 160$

2xWestern Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB 2.5" 200$

Currently Trying To Sell:

Corsair HX650w PSU 90$

NZXT Phantom 410 75$

NZXT Phantom 820 with 4x200mm fans 200$

1TB Western Digital Blue HDD 3.5" 70$

Why the 2 64GB SSDs? I'm assuming a RAID-0 but the speed increase will be extremely negligible for anything other than synthetic benchmarks and the risk of a drive having an issue and taking out the array is doubled. For $160 you're far better off getting a 128GB 840 Pro and saving $30 or looking for a 256GB 840 non-Pro on sale.

The X750 will be a tight fit with its modular connectors as it's at the Prodigy's max length of 160mm before you factor in the modular connectors. Silverstone makes a few 140mm units that will fit much better, the best of which is the ST65F-G 650W. It has a pair of poor reviews on Newegg but scored over an 8/10 in both TechPowerUp and johnnyGURU's reviews and their biggest complaints were the price tag. There are many Bitfenix Prodigy builds that use it due to it's smaller footprint and ease of installation in the case. In AnandTech's Prodigy review they even make a point to tell readers that a 140mm power supply will save you a few headaches when installing in the case. I'm not sure how set you are on your choices but I just wanted to give a heads up in case you didn't know about the potential hassle of installing and routing cables in the Prodigy.

Can't wait to see how this thing turns out. I've considered doing a Prodigy build with similar specs to this one and this gets me excited. It's interesting to see the move from mid-tower to full-tower to Mini-ITX. What has prompted the continued changes? And where do you sell your old parts? I may sell off my existing machine and build a new one as we move toward summer.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

• 4 weeks later...

--I thought about it a while back and was actually going to go with Samsung 830 128GB for Raid0 but decided on the Samsung 840 Pro 128GB because the 830 was sold out and I don't regret it, at all. I am going to stay with a single SSD because this thing is super fast. Love it! xD

--I will look into the PSU suggestions. -Thank You

--The i7 is OC'd now to 4.5ghz, I don't plan on going higher until I get my custom loop setup.

--Even though it didn't need it, I was able to overclock the Ram to 2200mhz and I only paid 109$ for it.

--Recently purchased an Asus 27" monitor, it will be here Monday, I will post pictures of all these new items Tuesday or so

--The Blue Prodigy is coming, can't wait. Still have to sell this NZXT Phantom 820 though, it's just too huge for this tiny motherboard.

--NZXT Phantom 410 sold!

--I don't know to be honest, I just was looking at computers on youtube, seen the Prodigy and wanted it badly since. xD Corsair is coming out with a MicroATX, their 350D, I was going to wait on it but they said most likely next year for a release date. I guess in some ways I just like the idea of having this massive power house PC in a smaller case.

--I have been selling my items on a PC selling facebook group and on www.overclock.net, OCN you have to have 35 rep, it took me a few months but once I got there I started selling things. They sell pretty quickly since they were awesome items and it's an entire network of PC enthusiast. :lickscreen:

Current Build 'Blue Moon v2.0'

PROCESSOR - Intel Core i7-3770k, 245$ OC'd 4.5GHz

MOTHERBOARD - Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 185$

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB, 1866MHz, 109$ OC'd 2200MHz

SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, 136$

MONITOR - ASUS VS278Q-P, 269$

Corsair H60 CPU Cooler, 40$ [Just until able to save up for custom WC loop]

Soon to be purchased:

Seasonic X750w PSU 145$

Future Plans:

Blue Bitfenix Prodigy [When released]

Full Custom Watercooling Setup 475$

Backup HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 135$

Backup Storage External HDD: Seagate Expansion 3TB USB3.0 External STBV3000100 130$

MSI Radeon HD 7950, 310$

The Pics

PROCESSOR-IntelCorei7-3770k245.jpg

MOTHERBOARD-AsusP8Z77-IDeluxe185.jpg

RAM-CorsairVengeance16GB109.jpg

SSD-Samsung840Pro128GB136.jpg

Some OC Proof/Stats

RAM-Specs.jpg

CPUz.jpg

VengeanceOC_Benchmark.jpg

Still Needed List

Untitled-1.jpg

MORE TO COME!

Untitled.jpg

Received the SeaSonic X750 BNIB through a Craigslist trade. Now I can sell my Corsair HX650.

Yes, I traded a 200$ Phantom 820 for this PSU. I couldn't sell it locally for 150$ so I traded for a new PSU. At least it's gone, just too big for my ITX motherboard.

IMG_1225.jpg

Archived