thinkin about getting a single cab trucking and cutting the back window out and the bottom metal part out... on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it ? what tools will i need ?

only reason is... that extended cab truck are so expensive and i thought maybe this would be cooler and cheaper...

also besides the truck and camper top... how much $$ and i gonna spend on the little things ?

Edited by Coolwazabi

thinkin about getting a single cab trucking and cutting the back window out and the bottom metal part out... on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it ? what tools will i need ?

only reason is... that extended cab truck are so expensive and i thought maybe this would be cooler and cheaper...

also besides the truck and camper top... how much $$ and i gonna spend on the little things ?

I have never done it, but my $.02 is that if you're trying to save money by going single cab w/ a blow through your going to loose a lot more than the cost of an extended cab when you go to resale it. The way I look at it, if you take your beat out when you go to resale it nobody is going to want to buy a truck with a huge ass hole in it (The whole rear window).......That really cant be fixed. Or at least I wouldn't. If you keep your beat in, your still going to loose quite a bit on it.

I figure about $300 after you have the camper shell.

If you do it.... I would do it like this:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=10826

Your still putting a hole in the truck, but its not something that cant be reversed.... And definitely more forgiving as far as mistakes go. Nick still has some serious beat too.

But to answer your question a sawzall and a steady hand.

Edited by JDirty96

well... gonna buy one used for like 5k.. probably gonna drive it until it dies.. then sell for scraps...

i see what your saying.. but i couldn't find anything for 5k that had like under 150k miles on it.. but i found tons of single cabs with like 50k-80k miles for under 5g's... and... just a thought...

thanks for help...DOH !