Sundown Audio

new problem with sub amp now

85buickrivi

I think what happened is your new mids amp is a tad less efficient or puts out more power than your last solo I uses more of our ground.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

so disconnect the highs amp just run the bass amp and see if it does what it was doing jumping back in forth from power to protect when the bass hits hard

would clipping cause this??? if i dont have the gain set right?? im not really sure what clipping is i googled it didnt really understand it

so disconnect the highs amp just run the bass amp and see if it does what it was doing jumping back in forth from power to protect when the bass hits hard

would clipping cause this??? if i dont have the gain set right?? im not really sure what clipping is i googled it didnt really understand it

??? would the chassis make a better ground than the neg. side of the battery for my mmats amp?

ok so i disconnected the battery ground for the mmats amp and grounded it in the trunk it works perfect now thank YOU GUYS its hittin alot harder now too i cant say this enough thanks again to everyone that helped me out!!!!! really appreciate it i was freakin out thinking my mmats amp was messin up

now quick question i got a run of zero gauge to the trunk from the neg. side of the battery to a distribution block just running my highs amp can i eliminate that run of zero gauge ground and ground the highs amp in a different spot in the trunk???

or could i make 1 ground in the trunk chassis and run to my ground distribution block and then from there to my amps or was that my problem running both amps from the same ground or was my problem running my ground from the neg. battery terminal??? please any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

you want to have the shortest ground you can. Also, depending on how many amps your pulling, your alt might not be able to keep up, therefore your amps are not getting enough power, therefore sending your amp into protect. Another battery will not hurt you... Hook it up in parallel to the first one.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

ok so everything is good now the neg. battery run was eliminated and i ran a ground to directly to the chassis to my distribution block both amps work great now thanks again for everyones help really appreciate it. I got one more question my interior lights are still dimming headlights no i guess cuz i have hids but what would everyone recommend adding a second battery or high output alternator??? i will be running an additional amp just for 4 selenium d250-x horns so total should be as follows

mmats dhc 1400.2 (subs)

cadence zrs-c9 (mids)

prob. another cadence zrs-c9 (for the horns)

so what would be a better place to start additional battery or highout alt

Archived