Need An Opinion On Pioneer Stereo

i would say clarion eq-746 is what i run and seems to be the #1 choice

Does that have 6 channel input and output?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

If you get a clarion CZ head unit, you wont need an external eq. Cz model has the eq and curve adjustments along with high and low pass filters. Just saying-if you get the pioneer and then run into someone with a clarion, you will be pissed you got a pioneer.

truthsayer

If you get a clarion CZ head unit, you wont need an external eq. Cz model has the eq and curve adjustments along with high and low pass filters. Just saying-if you get the pioneer and then run into someone with a clarion, you will be pissed you got a pioneer.

You can do all the eq-ing with the pioneer along with all the high pass and low pass filters with this pioneer stereo, I just wanted an external eq for easier adjustment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2004 Ford explorer

-Pioneer Deh-80prs HU

-4 Rockford Fosgate R1683

-2 Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 wired to 2ohms

-1 Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1

-I know it's very basic...

I own an 80prs, as far as reading the phones memory i'm not sure, but i can bluetooth or use a the headphone jack and just use google play and have every single song i have at home available, slacker radio, pandora and of course the SD card in the front of the unit, two usb's on the back and a rca input. I doubt you will ever run out of music.

The auto EQ and TIme alignment work pretty good, but if you are a bass head you will end up just trying to match one of the custom eq curves to match it because it will probably cut too much bass for your liking to try to give you a flat response curve.

You can't edit the Auto eq curve directly from what i can find.

As far as the speaker outputs being clean i havent checked

The menu interface is a pain in the ass until you get used to it, and it is still cumbersome after you know it well.

the left and right selectors feel a bit cheap and the faceplate buttons like to only be pushed a certain way or else the don't actually push. Hard to explain that one. Just use the remote.

It of course supports accepting calls right through the radio with bluetooth and you can just tap the volume knob to accept an incoming call,

When i bluetooth my phone through it i can select tracks when using pandora, slacker or google play, but only using next/last option.

It's a nice headunit. But unless you are going to amp your mids and highs i would look elsewhere.

I had a cz-201, a base model i know, but it doesnt hold a candle to the Pioneer.

Archived