Heat Sensitive Color Changing Computer Case.

Thanks!

I've had some messages about it changing color with computer guts in it.. Will the case change color with all your computer guts in it? I'm sure it will where ever your CPU and graphic card are. But its gun metal color with the blue pearl is very cool to look at when its cold.

I'm giving the case a few days to further cure.. Then I'm going to try out my new Trizact 1500,3000, and 5000 grit paper on my detail DA sander. Then I plan to hit with my high speed buffer with 3m cutting compounds. That should beat that orange peel into smooth glass.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do about that knick in the back of the case.

I'd like to see what it looks like with some hardware inside. Build a gaming machine in there and see where it gets hot.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I personally don't need it. My personal machine has a simple NVidia gforce 550ti. I have an 8 core cpu and 32 gigs of ram. I do a lot of programming on the side, so I run a bunch of virtual machines for testing my code. I have been known to play the shit out of Left 4 Dead 2 from time to time, and I did finish the first dead island about a year ago.

I bought the case cause I thought it was a cool idea. Its actually on its own before I painted it a pretty nice case. Its got inlets and outlets for water cooling if someone was into that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I actutally changed my mind, and decided to keep the case.

I moved all the guts from my old case to this one, but then my machine started to blue screen on me because I goofed up how I plugged in my sata cables. I had to goto vegas for work last week. Just got back into town and was able to reset my machine up. I was playing some l4d2 and the case changes color. It actually blooms after a few hours which is really cool.

I'm pretty happy with the case, and either at rest or color shifted it looks back ass. I will post pictures and hope to post a time lapse video of the color shift.

I know, I know.. took me a few days to get these up.. but here ya go. =)

Here is my old case.. It's some old antec case. It was nicely built, but its about 6 years old at this point..

computer0021.jpg

Insides of my old case..

computer0022.jpg

Door that broke off.. =\

computer0023.jpg

Just handling the new case you can see the color change with my hand prints.

computer0024.jpg

New CPU..

computer0025.jpg

installed..

computer0026.jpg

New case all back together..

computer0027.jpg

Old case..

computer0028.jpg

Powered on.. Turning a nice silver..

computer0029.jpg

And the front heating up..

computer0030.jpg

At this point my machine cratered on me. I had to step back from it because I went to Vegas for work.. But today I was able to get a decent video of the color change.. Lighting sucks.. But you get the idea. Its about an hour of footage sped up to 20 seconds.

http://youtu.be/ofn052epBhw

Thanks for following along.. Hope you enjoyed my little project.

Archived