Want my own SPL meter, as cheap as possible, if possible.

AstoSoup

Sampling rate can be changed on a Termlab, and always could be, as far as these other clones no idea.

Also, might I add that the video you posted of the 4SPL vs the Term-Lab, the sampling rate is at 1x which is the slowest sampling rate on the Term-Lab....

Termlab was used for EMMA first, and still is used in some EMMA competitions, however since some EMMA judges are using the Term-Lab, while another judge is using a SPL-Labs, and another judge is using 4SPL this competition is a joke due to the difference in the meters that are being used to measure the vehicles alone and very inconsistent scores across the entire EMMA community due to this. That would be like 3 guys competing in DB Drag where the car must have all windows and doors closed with the mic on the windshield, but yet allow some competitors to put the mic in the kick panel with 1 door open, and let other competitors put the mic in the port and than rank these scores as all being equal.. That would be a joke, just like allowing different EMMA judges use their own preference of meters.

Awesome way to sell your product when you name drop the leading product...

fAY74M.jpg

and then they claim to know what the new Term-Lab Magnum is all about and what it can do, and are even already have the technology to do the same thing, but yet they cant beat them to the punch..

Its rather odd since their is no info on what the new Term-Lab Magnum can do and what it offers and the majority of the judges are still in the dark about its new features.....

I guess they just cant beat termlab to the punch since its not out yet and able to be copied again....

FbOyQc.jpg

With Termlab, if you start your track the wrong time you get lower score.

I don't know if you can call others copycats because anyone can buy MAP-sensor and make their own software, nothing is patented. Yes, SPL-Lab is kind of not overpriced russian copy of Termlab, 4SPL was made for certain competition format where Termlab didn't work too well.

EMMA ESPL is a joke, like every competition where their play music but still measure peak. DB Drag farting is also a joke if you ask me. Different meters matter only if you are trying to compare records, which is not even possible in EMMA because they play different track every time.

Archived