Second Skin Audio

Sound Quality Sub Question

Stage 4 PRS-D1200SPL - $600 350 + 1 Reference Series 10" sub for free ($600 $200).

So you could get 2 of those amps for $700 and only have to buy 1 subwoofer which were matched directly for those amps(saves the headache of trying to match an amp/sub)

I will be getting these as i already own some other equipment in the stage 4 line.

any amp that will do that power will be pricey.. the saz3500 v.2 does 1k at 4 ohms so im guessing any 3k amp will do if it compares to sundown

Very true, but I think for the dual MKII setup, the RF T1500 with the constant power feature will def be at the top of my list.

Stage 4 PRS-D1200SPL - $600 350 + 1 Reference Series 10" sub for free ($600 $200).

So you could get 2 of those amps for $700 and only have to buy 1 subwoofer which were matched directly for those amps(saves the headache of trying to match an amp/sub)

I will be getting these as i already own some other equipment in the stage 4 line.

Naw, if I decide to go with a single MKII I will get either the JL JX1000/1 or the JL HD750/1. Probably the JX cause its cheaper.

may want to look at these. they are cheaper than the mk 2 jbl 12's, will have more cone area, and favor small enclosures. 2 would be nice. they have coils that are very easily changed as well. I haven't heard anywhere near as many woofers as alot of the people on this forum, but i have heard the jbl and this woofer. and the jbl to my ears sounds slightly better, the boston acoustics were louder tho. just a suggestion.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15774_Boston-Acoustics-SPG555-4.html

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

may want to look at these. they are cheaper than the mk 2 jbl 12's, will have more cone area, and favor small enclosures. 2 would be nice. they have coils that are very easily changed as well. I haven't heard anywhere near as many woofers as alot of the people on this forum, but i have heard the jbl and this woofer. and the jbl to my ears sounds slightly better, the boston acoustics were louder tho. just a suggestion.

Two is these would need a bigger amp though. They only have single voice coil a piece so I would need a two thousand watt amp at two ohm. I do like that they favor smaller enclosures though but idk if I'm sold on these.

Two is these would need a bigger amp though. They only have single voice coil a piece so I would need a two thousand watt amp at two ohm. I do like that they favor smaller enclosures though but idk if I'm sold on these.

But I do appreciate the suggestion! :) I think the price for the amp for two of the Boston Acoustics would not make it much more affordable in the end.

true. but if you're planning on spending 700-1000 dollars for a jl amp, there are alot of options that will do 2k or more at 2 ohm. and the money you save from buying 2 jbl mk2's u can put towards a more powerful amplifier...

just a suggestion off the top of my head...

http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html

just trying to help out with some suggestions, don't get me wrong the jbls are incredible sounding subs.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

true. but if you're planning on spending 700-1000 dollars for a jl amp, there are alot of options that will do 2k or more at 2 ohm. and the money you save from buying 2 jbl mk2's u can put towards a more powerful amplifier...

just a suggestion off the top of my head...

http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html

just trying to help out with some suggestions, don't get me wrong the jbls are incredible sounding subs.

I'm a little confused. That amp pushes 2600wrms at two ohms, so it would be too much power. Besides, I could get a RF T1500 for cheaper. And I agree it would save a little money on the subs, about forty bucks, but the difference is not worth it. After all, I think the MKIIs are even talked about in a comparable manner to the JL W7s. I have heard good things about the Boston Acoustic though, but I am going for maximum sound quality.

i think the mk2 has better sq than the w7's. I have 2 w7s, the w6s people say have better sq than w7s. Don't get me wrong i absolutely LOVE the w7s i have, they are clean at really high levels and sound pleasant at low levels, not to mention the response is flat down to 30 hz.

the amp was just a quick suggestion to show that 2k ish can be had for fairly cheap, compared to the jl amps. albeit it was a lil more than 2k lol. I'm sure whatever you pick youll be happy with, you're in the realm of excellent sq woofers and the suggestions you have been given will all sound great in the proper set up.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

i think the mk2 has better sq than the w7's. I have 2 w7s, the w6s people say have better sq than w7s. Don't get me wrong i absolutely LOVE the w7s i have, they are clean at really high levels and sound pleasant at low levels, not to mention the response is flat down to 30 hz.

the amp was just a quick suggestion to show that 2k ish can be had for fairly cheap, compared to the jl amps. albeit it was a lil more than 2k lol. I'm sure whatever you pick youll be happy with, you're in the realm of excellent sq woofers and the suggestions you have been given will all sound great in the proper set up.

Very true! The difficulty with the two MKIIs is that they wire down to 2ohm not 1ohm, so most of those amps that are 2K are rated at 1ohm. And amps that are higher rated at 1ohm may or may not be rated at 2000wrms at 2ohms. It just depends.

But nice setup man, I'd go with a pair of W6 or W7 if I wasn't going to be spending over $1000 just on subs! haha

Archived