Is there anything different you do when using the DD-1 with a 4 channel amp you are bridging to two speakers? Does an amp distort at different gain levels when bridged vs. not bridged? Where my brain is having trouble is in a normal testing mode you test on the pos and neg speaker out puts of the channel you are measure and you set the gain according, say at 12 o'clock. If your running 4 channels bridged, do you test the same way, or do you test using the pos output of one channel and the neg output of the bridged channel? I just am having a hard time beliving that you set the gain at the same place regardless of whether the amp is bridged or not. This particular amp is 140x4 at 4 ohms or 500x2 at 4 ohms.

• 5 months later...

I know this is a very late reply and I apologize for that. As the info on this forum is permanent and searchable its good for the database so here we go..

Yes you would measure with the DD-1 probes ​across the bridge. Left positive and Right negative on most amplifiers. Yes the amplifier outputs (unloaded) will clip at the same point whether bridged or not. The bridge is just the two outputs channels running the same load instead of their own loads.
Edited by TonyD'Amore