Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I bought a new 2014 Ram and installed my own gear as I have always done. JL Audio XD700/5 V2 amp, 2 pairs of JL Audio C3-600 component sets and a JL 10w3v3-2 Sub. I used a JL Audio Cleansweep to get a clean signal to the amp.  I didn't have these tools back then so I used the 3/4 volume method and set the gains as outlined in the amp manual and it sounded great.

 

Jump to 2020, I bought a new Ram 1500 and I didn't feel like doing the installation so I had a shop install the same gear I had in the 14' They recommended the Pac Amp Pro as I had parking chimes and GPS so the cleansweep wasn't necessary. In less than a year, 2 of the 6" mids blew and 3 weeks ago, the sub started making terrible sounds. I suspected something was wrong.

 

I purchased the DD-1+ and CC-1 and started at the headunit, I got a clean signal at the max volume from the headunit and Pac Amp but at the amp side, I had distortion even with the gains turned all the way down. Why? because the Pac Amp puts out either a 4v or 5v signal and the amp switch needed to be on the high input and it wasn't, it was on low and the max is 2v. This shop, who had a custom bass van with six 15s didn't even bother to set the gains properly, not to mention the half ass install.

 

I got the new sub and used the DD-1+ and CC-1 to get my system dialed in and not only does it sound cleaner, it is louder. These are great products!!!!

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3349 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...