Woot Time For Some Elec. Uprgrade...

ok so this is my plan. i want to use 2 t4ks and whatever amp i need for highs probably 800.4 from rockford 4 batteries. alot of screens airbag system ummm lots of things like that what do you guys recommend that i do?

Three stock alts will produce more power than 4 batteries need. Try to use 6batts for 3 alts. We can build a module to run all 3 alts with a master / slave switch. In case you have to much alt for your batteries you could then bypass the two alts and just run the master. :D but then switch them all on @ 15v when you are really showing off!!!

A 16v system really is not needed cause you have to charge @ 18.6volt min. to keep them charged.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Most GM/Ford alts do up to 140amps stock so one @ 100amps would be fine on one ,but could charge a few batteries with the right voltage :rolleyes:

MLA

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Three stock alts will produce more power than 4 batteries need. Try to use 6batts for 3 alts. We can build a module to run all 3 alts with a master / slave switch. In case you have to much alt for your batteries you could then bypass the two alts and just run the master. :D but then switch them all on @ 15v when you are really showing off!!!

A 16v system really is not needed cause you have to charge @ 18.6volt min. to keep them charged.

MLA

hmmmm that sounds good im sure i can squeeze a couple more batteries in there some how hehehehe.... ok what i dont understand is how im going to wire all this stuff up because i dont want the extra two alts. that im putting in to affect my electrical. will it mess it up? im going to be adding two 200+amp alt. still doing research on what i need.... how much will this unit run me?

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

ok so this is my plan. i want to use 2 t4ks and whatever amp i need for highs probably 800.4 from rockford 4 batteries. alot of screens airbag system ummm lots of things like that what do you guys recommend that i do?

Robert:

Your Blazer came with a CS130D alternator, rated at 100 amps. Depending on how much space you have, you could replace the CS130D with an AD244, which is rated at 140 amps. Then if you fabricate brackets for additional alternators, you should stay with either the CS130D or AD244 alternators. The AD244 would be my first choice for upgrading this vehicle.

Additional batteries are important in any system. Using all of the batteries in the vehicle is a good plan. Add as many batteries as you can fit safely. For audio systems storage capacity is important. The bass "hit" can draw many times what the alternator can produce, so storage capacity keeps things working.

Airbags? If you mean suspension, you will need plenty of power for some of the compressors on the market. Additional alternators are a good idea.

The AD244 should be a drop-in on your stock bracket. Adding two more stock AD244's for a total of 3 alternators would give you 420 amps of charging capacity. A stock AD244 will run almost continously at full output. They have avalanche diodes for surge protection, and other advanced features. I would recomend at least 100 amp/hours of battery capacity for each 100 amps of charging capacity. That means 4 to 6 batteries minimum for 3 stock AD244's.

Hope this helps.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg