Sonic Electronix

kenwood amps are known for that...play for 40 seconds to a minute, then shut off and 75% and above volume...try a different amp, im sure thats the case

Wanted to know if there is a way to just test the amp? I will be doing what everyone said to do. I just want to know for sure that its just a shit amp. To me even being out of the loop for so damn long, I feel it just makes sence to be the amp. We shall see.

Plz don't go through a ton of work from anything I said :) 99% of the people here on the forum know more than me. so maybe one of those guys could confirm that that might help.

I was just saying what worked for me to give you an idea.

If your local stereo shop is anything like mine when I have a problem I stop by and the tech guy comes out hooks testers up to my stuff and fixes it out in the parking lot if its simple and tells me what is wrong if it isn't. I ask him what I owe and he'll say no charge.

Plz don't go through a ton of work from anything I said :) 99% of the people here on the forum know more than me. so maybe one of those guys could confirm that that might help.

I was just saying what worked for me to give you an idea.

If your local stereo shop is anything like mine when I have a problem I stop by and the tech guy comes out hooks testers up to my stuff and fixes it out in the parking lot if its simple and tells me what is wrong if it isn't. I ask him what I owe and he'll say no charge.

Allrighty, didnt work for me lol. Hey who knows maybe yours just needed a connection moved. Mine was working for 9 months, speaker blew and I am now assuming messed up the amp.

****UPDATE.****

Removed every wire from start to finish on both ends, replaced RCA's, Replaced Speaker wire with brand new wire (Speaker is only 16 inches from sub) hooked everything back up and had the same result but this time lets say I could get to around 40% b4 I had a problem, that lasted for about and hour and then all of a sudden the speaker went dead. When I got to the location I needed to get to I carry a multi meter with me, so I checked the ohms, I was getting .006. I shut the truck down, let everything cool, start then recheck and I get a reading of .026 for about 3 seconds, and then it shoots down to .003. That seemed to be the end of the amp cause now I only get the .003 no matter what I do. Would anyone not agree that its a blown amp?

I just got home from work, so I am going to do the normal routine, Paper work, Poop, Shower, Eat my dinner and get some sleep. When I wake up I am going to go see my buddy, have him test the amp and pick up a new amp.

Will let everyone know how that goes. Thanks again all.