Mids Crapping Out

Well just recently I had been riding around and my mids cut out. The bass and subs still work and the mids just make a funny squelch sound and turn off. When ever I let it rest for a second, turn the head unit off or pull the faceplate off for a bit it will play again and then cut out in a matter of a minute or so. With the bass real loud while it plays in only a few moments everything just shuts off including the big amp. Is my headunit something to be of concern?

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

what kinda headunit you got? and are they driven off a seperate amp?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i unno bout quit workin unless the rcas has a short in it or somethin, ied try to hook up somethin other than teh headunit to the amp to see if they sound good that way and if so ied try to redo rcas?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

so a new HU is probably in order? not to mention my engine noise is freakin HORRID and I was browsing and seen that alot were saying pioneer was f-ing up.

oooh, nah no need for new headunit, i got a link in my sig to fix u right up on that engin noise, i kno it sucks like hell my pioneer premire 680 has really bad engin noise somethin awefull, but i done whats in my sig and it works perfect, my new 860 doesnt have engin noise prolly cause its got 6.5v rca outputs tho, anyways click the link in my sig on how to ground ur rcas and that should fix the engin noise and the mids cuttin out?

i have no idea, what kinda amp u got runnin to em? it could be the amp, it could be the mids, or the headunit or the wire, there so many verables

A sony xplod 4 channel...so it's a POS...anyways here's more evidence of problem possibly. I switched to the other 2 channels cause I only used one pair of the two channels...well the other channel wasn't working at all and it keeps making that noise that as if it was cutting out anyways....so, say there's just bass from the begining, no mids...then it makes that so nd through the mids, like a burp...like when you remove a record too quick it makes that sound, kinda similar to that..

So, I know that first set of channels works once in a while and still craps out, and the second set of channels don't work at all but it sounds like they would cut out anyways ,as if it is the headunit or something?

what 4ch exactly is it cause some sony 4ch can be ran as a 2ch to run subs, and some can be ran 4, 3 channel u can run 4 mids to it or 2 mids and a sub , ied pittle with settings and see if thats what it is and i kno it aint low voltage cause when my other duralast redtop was diein it was still jammin at 9v so sonys work at low voltages and still work good, i got a 600w 4ch wired front n rears to the front side, and runnin one of my mtx 5500 15's on the rear briged 8ohm so far till i get a bigger amp for the subs, it might be ur rcas cause i had a set of sound quest rcas runnin to my sub amp and the soilder broke off and shorted out and didn't sound worth a shit, ied unhook ur rcas and take out the headunit and run another set over the seat straight to it and see how that works and if it works then it might be those rcas