I Have A Break In My Wire ?

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

i just noticed i had a break in my power wire to the amp,..

its been taped up from once being cut now its taped together

its a 4ga,.. will this matter at all? or do i need to replace it for one long wire now .... ?

Edited by Fi-Beat-Down

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
You mean the wire is cut all the way through and held together with tape?

Or there is a small slice in the wire?

the wire is cut into 2 pieces now, but has been twisted and taped ?

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
Umm yikes.. just to be on the safe side definately replace it or you could use one of those butt connector type things with the set screw in them. I saw someone on here use them and im trying to find that thread again

well heres why i asked i was on ebay and look at the " KnuKonceptz Ultra Fleks Power/Ground Wire 4 Gauge Black "

i was seeing how much it coat for so many feet, i accidentally click Commit and buy now,

all and all now i have a break in my power wire,..

so im going to buy wire form them, but was only getting enough to do a big III upgrade

so now i will buy enough to re do my power wire, and use the old wire for the big III,... do you think thats a smart idea..

Great idea.. Just FYI the price on ebay is the same price on knukonceptz.com. You CANT go wrong with knukonceptz ultra fleks wire for the price. Ultra flexible, more wire less jacket. And its a very soft jacket not a hard plastic type jacket you find on some.

Why put in new wire when it will get cut again? why was the wire cut into 2 in the first place? Fix that problem then get new wire

Good point i hadnt thought about that. Assumed someone had cut it then taped it back together? lol

Guest Fi-Beat-Down
Why put in new wire when it will get cut again? why was the wire cut into 2 in the first place? Fix that problem then get new wire

well its been cut midway to the amp. idk it was in the car when i got it.

looks like it was not long enough and someone added extra wire for it to reach the trunk,,,

i didnt know if it matters at all,

cause i was going to replase it if needed... and use the left over OLD wire for the big III