How Big Of An Alternator

Your truck should have the 100 amp alt in it stock, which, even with a decent size battery wont keep your voltage up too long with those amps. You can get a few large batteries but you'll need to charge them every now and then with an external means, most likely.

The HO alt is the right idea. I believe that Sonoma should fit an AD244 alt off a fullsize GM truck, check this link out:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/how-to-h...or-80-a-376788/

If that works it should power those amps perfectly. If not, you can go with an aftermarket HO alt. I would recommend a basic 200A model unless you plan on getting much larger amps down the road. Adding an extra battery would certainly not hurt either!

Edited by creyc

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Guest KyleCannon

http://dcpowerinc.com

200amps or more will be sufficient. Remember, the higher the amps on the alternator, the more headroom you have to work with and also the less stress you're putting on the alternator.

he has great alts at great prices, highly recommended.

Edited by KyleCannon

Guest KyleCannon

Get the biggest alt you can for the money you want to spend, good alts last a long time and plus, getting the alt out of the way right now is a good idea and not having to trash this one and get a bigger one later. Talk to robbie at dc power. or post in his area: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p?showforum=143

But believe me, don't waste your money, do it right the first time.

yea thats what im thinkin about doing. i appreciate the help. o and since im already in this section i was reading somewhere about not mixing batteries and stuff and cant find it but should i replace my battery up front its an optima red top and i plan on going with a kinetik hc2400 in the back or can i keep it with no worries

Guest KyleCannon

You can keep it up front if you wish, a lot of controversy on that subject on mixing batteries but it won't affect anything that much. The rule of thumb generally is get the biggest battery you can fit in the front and the biggest ones in the back. Personally, I love Power Master. The charger too is awesome.