Sonic Electronix

The best thing you can do is buy an amplifier for your door speakers. It makes a HUGE difference. Is your bass up on your headunit? That could cause the distortion. (if you really crank it)

i didnt even know they made amps for door speakers... lol just proves how knew i am at this, what would be a good one for cheap? my parents wont support my addiction to bass... lol

i didnt even know they made amps for door speakers... lol just proves how knew i am at this, what would be a good one for cheap? my parents wont support my addiction to bass... lol

Well technically, an amp is an amp. Do you have aftermarket door speakers? Do you want to amplify two channels or four?

When you clip the signal you are just really overpowering your speakers. Over powering is the only thing that blows speakers.

no, clipping is when the top and bottom waves of the sine wave get cut off, making the speaker stop for a short amount of time, creating DC current and creating vast amounts of heat. overpowering a speaker is just putting a true clean 1000rms to lets say, a 600rms rated speaker. there will be added heat, but if your smart with the volume knob, you shouldnt really have any problems.

no, clipping is when the top and bottom waves of the sine wave get cut off, making the speaker stop for a short amount of time, creating DC current and creating vast amounts of heat. overpowering a speaker is just putting a true clean 1000rms to lets say, a 600rms rated speaker. there will be added heat, but if your smart with the volume knob, you shouldnt really have any problems.

You are right about the cutting of signal, but it still over powers it.

"Clipping is a form of waveform distortion that occurs when an amplifier is overdriven, which happens through attempts to increase the voltage or current beyond its maximum power capability. Driving an amplifier into clipping causes it to put out power in excess of its published ratings, which are customarily done with a "clean" sine wave signal just at the onset of clipping. This makes it a sometimes unexpected cause of loudspeaker failure."