Second Skin Audio

4 12 Enclosure

i have a 91 honda accord and i plan on building a box with 4 12inch pioneer tw-3001d2. my box is 14" high 30" wide 31" long im using 3/4 mdf.

my total internal volume is 6.081 cu ft. i have it tuned at 35.11 hz with a slot port thats 4"x10" and 13" in length.

i plan on spraying the inside of my enclosure with this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=268-250 then puting resin on top of that and 45 degree the corners with resin also.

this will be a daily driver. i plann on pushing 3000 to maybe 4000rms on the subs. they will be wired at 1ohm

i was wondering should i resin the port?

is the spray deadener ok for how im using it?

will spraying the deadener on the outside of the enclosure help?

should i brace it? if so will 2 thread rods be enough 1 going the height and 1 going across the width?

i did al my calculations with bass box pro

any help or ideas would be good :db:

CB7 wit bang

i have a 91 honda accord and i plan on building a box with 4 12inch pioneer tw-3001d2. my box is 14" high 30" wide 31" long im using 3/4 mdf.

my total internal volume is 6.081 cu ft. i have it tuned at 35.11 hz with a slot port thats 4"x10" and 13" in length.

i plan on spraying the inside of my enclosure with this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=268-250 then puting resin on top of that and 45 degree the corners with resin also.

this will be a daily driver. i plann on pushing 3000 to maybe 4000rms on the subs. they will be wired at 1ohm

i was wondering should i resin the port?

is the spray deadener ok for how im using it?

will spraying the deadener on the outside of the enclosure help?

should i brace it? if so will 2 thread rods be enough 1 going the height and 1 going across the width?

i did al my calculations with bass box pro

any help or ideas would be good :db:

not enough port, tuned to 33hz

American Bass*DC Power

are you sure cause thats wut bass box pro gave me 4 my calculations

5.8 before sub and port displacment, not enough airspace 4 four 12s ported someone correct me if im wrong.id try to squeeze 2 per woofer but if you could do that you need even more air for the tune and port ratio to be in a good range. 2 of those 12s in the correct box would beat shoe-horning four in

American Bass*DC Power

Why in the world would you spray sound dampening inside of the box? Thats an awful idea.

So you don't hurt your subs ears! Duh! :crazy:

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".