Sonic Electronix

The primary issue at hand here seems to be that the subwoofer is rated at 4 ohms while the desktop speakers are rated at 8 ohms.

that shouldnt make a difference

I have this one pushing 4 12s:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=300-752

and it does quite a number on the house! I have broken things. They also make a 300 watt version. I have also owned a Dayton plate amp (until a direct lightning strike killed it). It was nice but didn't have the grunt that the Bash does.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

The primary issue at hand here seems to be that the subwoofer is rated at 4 ohms while the desktop speakers are rated at 8 ohms.

like i said get a reciever with a subwoofer preout connect ur amplifier to the sub preout on the back of the receiver then connect ur speakers to ur receiver and ur sub to the amplifier

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

I have this one pushing 4 12s:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=300-752

and it does quite a number on the house! I have broken things. They also make a 300 watt version. I have also owned a Dayton plate amp (until a direct lightning strike killed it). It was nice but didn't have the grunt that the Bash does.

Ive got that amp one a 15" dayton sub. things fall of shelve to say the least, to say even more neighbors come over to make me turn it down cuz their windows are rattling

Thanks for the help. So does this basically mean that I would only need one receiver, but I would need two amplifiers to run a 2.1 setup? And also to confirm that the difference in impedance between the speakers wouldn't mess up the receiver, even if it has 5.1 or 7.1 sound?

If you have a reciever, you just need the reciever and and amp for the sub.

The things i posted were both amps, one for speakers and one for the sub, in that setup you laptop would kinda be considered the reciever or thats where the signal would be coming from atleast.

edit: and different impedance between speakers and subs wont do any harm, the sub amp is usually external anyway.

Edited by fritosaregood